• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Factory PAM005 finally out.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Are there a new batch that has fixed the sunken CP ?

I’m Olso interested, and still the question 000 or 005 and which maker for my first and last pam ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malaka

Known Member
5/9/19
Germany
Will have mine probably next week and will tell you :)

From QC it looks like it is still there:

Last edited:

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
Received my XF 005 today (39 days using China EMS is beyond frustrating, paying top dollar for terrible service). Here are my observations for future purchasers:

Pros:

- The dial is more crisp then it looks in pictures compared to the Noob version.

- The crown pinion is not sunken as much as has been previously reported, at least on my version. CP is only down slightly and is not really noticeable.

- Strap is better quality then most straps but is very stiff (and an ugly oem color).

Cons:

- The lume is not up to the Noob version or older versions of the PAM 111 I own. The lume is not quite as bright and fades quickly compare to my PAM 111's.

- QC was lacking as the strap pins where a different length and the crown guard screws were loose when I received the watch. But I have learned over the years to check all external screws when you receive a replica.

- The glass is very flat with not much of a dome at all and has a lot of reflection. Not sure if this is accurate to oem but I don't think so. I hazard to guess there is not anti-reflection on the XF crystal at all.

- The winding and sound seems cheaper than other Asian versions of the pocket watch movement I have purchased. Time will tell.

- A couple of older Panerai rubber straps are to thick for the XF 005 lugs, not sure if this is a lug issue or a strap issue. Will have to check it with my oem Panerai signature rubber tang strap for fit.

Overall:

- A good overall effort but the lume alone would aim me back at the Noob version if I was to do it again. If I did not have quite a large collection of rep PAMS, I would probably be more impressed with the XF 005 but in comparison the XF version is lacking a bit.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Received my XF 005 today (39 days using China EMS is beyond frustrating, paying top dollar for terrible service). Here are my observations for future purchasers:

Pros:

- The dial is more crisp then it looks in pictures compared to the Noob version.

- The crown pinion is not sunken as much as has been previously reported, at least on my version. CP is only down slightly and is not really noticeable.

- Strap is better quality then most straps but is very stiff (and an ugly oem color).

Cons:

- The lume is not up to the Noob version or older versions of the PAM 111 I own. The lume is not quite as bright and fades quickly compare to my PAM 111's.

- QC was lacking as the strap pins where a different length and the crown guard screws were loose when I received the watch. But I have learned over the years to check all external screws when you receive a replica.

- The glass is very flat with not much of a dome at all and has a lot of reflection. Not sure if this is accurate to oem but I don't think so. I hazard to guess there is not anti-reflection on the XF crystal at all.

- The winding and sound seems cheaper than other Asian versions of the pocket watch movement I have purchased. Time will tell.

- A couple of older Panerai rubber straps are to thick for the XF 005 lugs, not sure if this is a lug issue or a strap issue. Will have to check it with my oem Panerai signature rubber tang strap for fit.

Overall:

- A good overall effort but the lume alone would aim me back at the Noob version if I was to do it again. If I did not have quite a large collection of rep PAMS, I would probably be more impressed with the XF 005 but in comparison the XF version is lacking a bit.

Too thick like it won’t fit in? Have you measured the lug to lug with the calipers? Or too thick like the bar is having problems going through? Sometimes I have to give it a spritz of WD40 for the bar to go thru the tube.

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
Too thick like it won’t fit in? Have you measured the lug to lug with the calipers? Or too thick like the bar is having problems going through? Sometimes I have to give it a spritz of WD40 for the bar to go thru the tube.

Thick as in screw bar nit going through. Yes, Silicone spray would help. WD40 eats rubbers

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Z7zVwS.jpg

The PAM005 or any steel case 44mm PAM goes great with any strap combo, suit, jeans or leather jacket. Casual or dressy. It’s the most perfect watch imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blshh and KOT1917

cmf959

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/19
My first PAM and I completely agree with what johnlogan has said. Such a versatile watch. Took that XF strap straight off and swapped it for a suede number.

ZEa5Q2.jpg

Reactions: mrsullivan