• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Factory PAM005 finally out.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The OP XI (which is based on the A6497) is rated for 56 hours. So 57 to 60 hours is doable (since the rating is the guaranteed power reserve) for reps. Not always, but it has the potential.

Charlie_Spain

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/17
Between my 111N and 005 XF, there are five hours of different. If all XF movements has 60h of power reserve, it will be a good purchase.

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
Blshh

pofex.png

• Send PM

12-01-21, 06:18

Interesting!! Want to know the power reserve on these 2 models :)

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
I think my next Pam will be an automatic. And I can stop worrying about power reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I think my next Pam will be an automatic. And I can stop worrying about power reserve.

Well if you wear the automatic PAM regularly then you probably won't have to worry. But if you have a large rotation of watches, power reserve can still be an issue. Not to meantion automatic PAM movements are not as long lasting in terms of PR compared to their manual wind brethren. If that's the case then you may need to have the watch serviced. That'll ensure smooth running for a long time.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Well if you wear the automatic PAM regularly then you probably won't have to worry. But if you have a large rotation of watches, power reserve can still be an issue. Not to meantion automatic PAM movements are not as long lasting in terms of PR compared to their manual wind brethren. If that's the case then you may need to have the watch serviced. That'll ensure smooth running for a long time.

I did not know that, thank you for that info. I am pretty much wearing my Pam everyday and I wind it everyday as well. Do you know if the constant lock/unlock of the crown guard lever might be an issue in the long run? If this is posted in the newbies lobby let me know. Thx.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
papabear244 from my experience, I haven't had issues with CG lever wearing out from locking and unlocking.

Also 6497 is a proven workhorse. I have Pam reps that are 10+ years old that still run fine without servicing.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I did not know that, thank you for that info. I am pretty much wearing my Pam everyday and I wind it everyday as well. Do you know if the constant lock/unlock of the crown guard lever might be an issue in the long run? If this is posted in the newbies lobby let me know. Thx.

As sukwonee said, normally there is no issue with repeated opening and closing of the lever. If in the event that the lever becomes loose, there is a way to re-tighten it albeit you might need a watchmaker to do it for you if you are not handy or in possession of the tools required.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
There were some photos in the thread with a sunken cannon pin on the XF 005.

8dd427fb79ac2f3328c9431e4e1d5bbf.jpg

Got my QC pics in from Ryan.

I’d asked him to get me one with a proper CP, so either he has, or this has now been corrected to some extent. Hopefully won’t be too sunken when I have it in hand....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecender and KOT1917

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
Hello my friend !
I have some details about the recessed CP on this XF 005.
I wanted to see if I could press the minute hand more to get it flush with the CP....there is near no way to do that because you will have to press too much you will damage the minute hand !
So I removed the hands to see what happens.
Once the minute hand is removed, I noticed that there is too much black paint inside the hand hole, that is why it doesn't sit very well.
So I took my tweezer and I removed a small amount of paint, to enlarge the hole. This is the only way to resolve the issue. It's a quite hard job, be very carefully.
After a good polishing of the cannon pinion, I just re- installed the hands and now it looks far better.
I could press the minute hand without damaging it ;)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

​​​​​​​