• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 243 problem

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Iv got a H factory 243 which has started to play up as in losing time and iv noticed the second hand keeps moving no problem but the hour and minute hand seem to lag sometimes and stops...then starts again when it likes, also the hour hand is miles out from pointing correctly, ie if it’s 6 o clock the minute hand is dead on 12 yet the hour hand is between 6 & 7...will a service sort this or has the movement had it?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitocx

Renowned Member
18/10/14
Have you dropped your watch?
Seems your minutes & hour hands to be loose...if that, easy fix...

Enviado desde mi SM-A505G mediante Tapatalk

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Havnt dropped it, it just started to happen, it does sound very rough when giving it a shake...if you get what I mean...service time I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmux2000

7/2/15
Duloc
Sounds like a good service is In order. Hands probably need to be reset as well... Although rare, sometimes hands get a bit out of whack and rub against each other.

pamdude

Known Member
19/3/15
Service will definitely fix the issue. 243 construction is pretty straight forward and very easy to take the movement out. If you want to attempt make sure you have the right tools.