• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Factory PAM 111 Made 1:1 Comparison With Gen Now Available

IamSteve557

Horology Curious
24/5/21
No, reps are not factory waterproof, IamSteve557 .

Whom do you ask about the choice VSF/NOOB?

Thanks KOT. You would think if they were truly a "1:1" replica, they would be just as waterproof! I guess that would be taking it to the next level.

I was asking generally...anyone with input.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Most of the time reps can be waterproof, just don’t expect that it is guaranteed. Most of my pams have exceeded my water pressure tester at 100m after having gaskets greased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KOT1917

mtobberup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/20
I do not believe XF are available at the moment. But yes it is a great rep

Sendt fra min LE2113 med Tapatalk

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I also think that XF is difficult to buy now, just unlike NOOB, the situation with them can change. There is now a PAM111 announcement from HWF, probably the only one readily available these days, but very unlikely, the best.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I also think that XF is difficult to buy now, just unlike NOOB, the situation with them can change. There is now a PAM111 announcement from HWF, probably the only one readily available these days, but very unlikely, the best.

This is up on PC, Hont is doing a deal for $198 without the extra strap. I am tempted, but honestly could not tell if this is as good or inferior to the other 2?

https://www.pfc8188.com/0-0-0-0-pn11...ck-a-6497.html

Last edited:

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Hi all, I just received my QC pictures from hont. Overall the watch looks good to me despite the well known greenish lume and wrong case shape.
However I would like to have a feedback on the hand pinion. Is it just roughly finished (for which I don't care that much, shouldn't be really visible in real life) or is the minute hand coming off (this would worry me)?

Anyone could help me out?

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Actually I realize the issue is not so visible, but when analysing them zooming in on my tablet it looks like the minute hand is not well fitted. Could that be?

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

Yes, everything is exactly as you wrote. Some of the XFs in this case, especially the PAM005, often come across with the minute arm not completely covered, which means the CP is recessed, and sometimes not evenly.
This is due to some excess paint that they applied to their hands, as a result of which the hole in the hand becomes a little narrower and it is not possible to put the hand on completely.

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Hello.

Yes, everything is exactly as you wrote. Some of the XFs in this case, especially the PAM005, often come across with the minute arm not completely covered, which means the CP is recessed, and sometimes not evenly.
This is due to some excess paint that they applied to their hands, as a result of which the hole in the hand becomes a little narrower and it is not possible to put the hand on completely.
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation! Should I be worried about the minute hand coming off and ask for another watch or is it just an aesthetic matter? If so I wouldn't bother too much. I just wouldn't like to get the watched serviced soon

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Glad I could be useful.

This is an aesthetic issue.
The participants had a lot of XF with a recessed CP, one was able to fix it, but not one gave in to the fact that the hand fell off.
There is always a risk that a slightly higher hand can touch the crystal with a slight bend, but this is a rare set of circumstances. Especially since most XFs come with this recessed CP, I wouldn't bother looking for one without this flaw.

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Thank you again, very helpful indeed. I asked hont to check if the other pams he has in stock have the same issue. Otherwise I'll just get this one