• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Did I Buy? Unknown movement w/Date Quickset Pusher

JRA553

Known Member
14/3/20
Huntsville, AL
I bought a cheapie Pam rep on the gate and I'm having a heck of a time identifying the movement. I've looked through the reference posts and stickies here and I'm not finding anything that looks terribly similar. The closest I found was in the reference thread and was the PAM 222 GMT 21J, but the links to TDs with that watch were all dead. It seems to look like some inexpensive Seagull movements.

The movement is non-hacking, it has hand winding, it has small seconds at 9, it has a faux GMT hand that does one rotation per 24 hours following the hour hand, and there is a quickset date with a pusher at 2 at the top of the CG (shown in the last photo from the back).
ZjCIoI.jpg
ZjCog4.jpg
ZjCOPc.jpg

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
The reference guide won't have any info on it for that watch most likely. It only references the models repped by the big factories and I don't think a dh gate model would cut it.

Not to mention the reference guide isn't 100% updated either I don't believe. So that would factor in too. Especially for newer references and models.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
Panerai 688 perhaps if that is 42mm? or a 1033 with wrong dial if that is a 44mm?

JRA553

Known Member
14/3/20
Huntsville, AL
The watch is 47mm and claims to be a 688 rep.

I'm trying to figure out what the heck the movement is. Perhaps the balance has thrown me off, but it doesn't seem to look like the typical cheapo movements (2813 or miyota), but it is a cheapo movement.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
This is similar to the Seagull 2533, which differs in that it has a pr as a scale. DHgate loves replicas like pam233, and apparently did not order 2557 with a GMT function, but put one movt into all watches with gmt, for a larger circulation of the order, simply covering the additional function with the dial.

JRA553

Known Member
14/3/20
Huntsville, AL
I thought it looked like a seagull movement, thanks for the help folks!

Interesting story that they get so much mileage out of this cheapo movement.

It seems to work pretty darn well by the way. I just wish the watch had actually been 44mm instead of 47mm.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
In seagull, when it matches the gen function, there is no problem. There are watches that were produced with a solid backcase from 7750 or st2555, and more often than not, there are no operational differences, and many have time to forget which movt. set. In the case of models with PR, unfortunately, with a straight scale at the bottom, or a thermometer at the bottom right (like pam090), they do not have the ability to set the date using the crown. Therefore, buttons appear to change the date on the right side. This is an obvious flaw that made many interesting models unpopular, for example the pam507 or one of my favorite pam123. If the functionality is the same, there are no problems. Also, it should be noted that the cheaper versions can have a panerai styled rotor, but there are no decorative panerai movt trims.

However, it is often a good watch for its low cost.