• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What do you do with reps you never wear?

Netniet

2/2/13
I am about to buy a very nice gen PAM 177, and besides my gen 5513 I probably will almost never wear another watch again.
I have a very small collection (only 4) PAM's which I really like, and are getting rarer. The 243 and the 127 are my all time favorites.
There is a high probability that when I sell them I will regret it, and therefore I will keep them.

What do you guys do? Wear the gens, and keep the reps in a watchbox?

My small PAM collection:

Reactions: Phoenixboy

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Well I expect the answers tp be either the extremes "sell them" or "keep them as safe queens" or the middle ground "rotate them as much as possible".

Reactions: Netniet

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Keep buying them, buy them for their “story”. A watch with history and a lil something to talk about goes a long way, rep and gen. Wear as often as you can and enjoy em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Netniet

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
I keep them as well, I have 12 Boxy watch winder, so I keep them there, I try my best to switch between as much as possible and enjoy them, a similar story to macarone.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Keep buying them, buy them for their “story”. A watch with history and a lil something to talk about goes a long way, rep and gen. Wear as often as you can and enjoy em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how many "stories" do you own now? Hahaha

Netniet

2/2/13
Sell them to me!!!! That’s what you do

For now I will not sell them.The 127 and 390 will probably be my next projects. I am thinking about doing the same mods Marlin does to the movement’s myself.

Reactions: Taz71

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
For now I will not sell them.The 127 and 390 will probably be my next projects. I am thinking about doing the same mods Marlin does to the movement’s myself.

Well,
if you get tired of the 719, I am here to help!

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
For me personally, everything can always change. The watch may lie unclaimed, and then there will be a desire to put it on. I never regret a sold or lost, in general I try not to regret it, but if I had the opportunity, I would keep almost all the replicas that fell into my hands, regardless of what else I buy. There are never too many watches!

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Keep the 243. I regret selling mine so much and hope noob does a re-run (which they won't).