• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM968 Bronze

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
after not know if the TD would accept to send me a crown protector he will tell me you should have refused it during the photos

Some friendly advice : I would just contact the TD about it upfront. The replica community is a tight-knit one. Doing something like that can and probably will put you in a not so nice light. Can get you no-saled AND banned from being sold anything by TDs. All for what? A $30 crown guard? Besides, can you even be sure the TD has not read this thread yet? Think long and hard.

Reactions: C.gjinika

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Got my QC pics today but I am not sure at all, looks like some scratches. Whats your opinion PAM fans?

^^ This. And I would make a note about the hand finishing and expectations. My personal watchsmith is a reasonable guy with a bit of an attention to detail. He’s not overly analytical or anal about things, but one comment he has on nearly all of my reps is the the hand finishing is sh!t. The movement and case may be perfect, but the hand finishing is always what he uses to determine which watch is a rep. Take that for what it’s worth ...

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Reactions: C.gjinika

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
I am sure if you get a stronger magnification on the hands pics you will be able to see their actual atomic structure, the question is whether you will also complain at that level of scrutiny....

Hahah, no mate , I am not that picky,
But on my last order about 2 months ago I ordered a breitling, after 3-4 weeks from receiving it I observed black like marks on the HOUR HAND, it was very obvious on sunlight ( no magnification, wrist observation only)since it did not reflect the light like the other part did. Than i analyzed again the QC photos send from the TD, after some magnifications I was able to see this marks on the QC and those were exactly as marks on this panerai thats why I am concerned

Sent from the RWI App

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
I think it does too!
5d8181d2d372540f38a576fe390e7c26.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

You must reject this watch from this particular TD. Just look at that misaligned '30' marker!!

:harhar:

Now back on topic... I think rubber straps just make the watch look a bit corny. The bronzos scream for leather!

Reactions: Hilltop

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Some friendly advice : I would just contact the TD about it upfront. The replica community is a tight-knit one. Doing something like that can and probably will put you in a not so nice light. Can get you no-saled AND banned from being sold anything by TDs. All for what? A $30 crown guard? Besides, can you even be sure the TD has not read this thread yet? Think long and hard.

Yes totally true,only children do this stuff.
Anyway I want only to get a good watch and don’t have time for this kind of games,I do not want to be a pain in the neck for anyone especially to my TD, TRUSTYTIME which are being very nice and patient with me. I rejected this watch and waiting for another one

Sent from the RWI App

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

You say that like it's a scam. It's a flawed crown guard so it seems like a legitimate request/concern. I would think saying "you can send me that watch if you can get me an extra crown guard" would be more adventageous to the TD than rejecting over the cg. But now that it's rejected it doesn't matter.

If it was gen, that would be an interesting flaw to find that was missed in the QC process. I still love it. Kinda like that double 9's Air-King.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19

sorry for my ignorance guys, what does B.E. stand for? Is it normal to be 0,1ms ?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
That smudge on the CG just looks like bronze “patina” to me. Can usually be cleaned. I doubt it’s a flaw but I’m just speculating based on my limited experience of 8 bronze watches

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Regardless, what a stunning release. Been waiting a while for this one! The carbon PAMs with blue Lume were not to my taste at all.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: phdsjain

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You say that like it's a scam. It's a flawed crown guard so it seems like a legitimate request/concern. I would think saying "you can send me that watch if you can get me an extra crown guard" would be more adventageous to the TD than rejecting over the cg. But now that it's rejected it doesn't matter.

If it was gen, that would be an interesting flaw to find that was missed in the QC process. I still love it. Kinda like that double 9's Air-King.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well now that you mention it, it is like a scam. Granted a flawed CG is a cause for concern, but that's why you are given QCs so that you can reject it before the watch is sent. Your initial statement was not to let the TD know about the flaw until he received the watch. In case memory needs refreshing.

If I were you, what I would do is wait until you get it. Once you get it, contact the TD and say "hey look" and tell him to send you a replacement crown guard from the factory. This way, just in case you need one down the road, it may come in handy. But I wouldn't mention it otherwise.

Your revised statement is to tell the TD before the watch is sent. Two clearly different suggestions. The revised one is better because you told the TD you saw the flaw although proposing the possible solution doesn't exactly improve things, either from the TD's nor the member's point of view. People who have ordered parts from TDs any more significant than a screw know that it takes time to source that part. A TD would more likely replace the entire watch for a few days delay rather than go through the trouble of ordering a replacement part (at his expense) delaying the order at least another week or two, most likely even more for a new model (because the factory won't sell a part when they can sell a whole watch for more instant profit).

The point is not moot even though the QCs were accepted (it is still wrong if you planned it but you didn't go through with it). This is to let everyone know that such behavior is ill-advised.

Reactions: Glaude

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Well now that you mention it, it is like a scam. Granted a flawed CG is a cause for concern, but that's why you are given QCs so that you can reject it before the watch is sent. Your initial statement was not to let the TD know about the flaw until he received the watch. In case memory needs refreshing.

Your revised statement is to tell the TD before the watch is sent. Two clearly different suggestions. The revised one is better because you told the TD you saw the flaw although proposing the possible solution doesn't exactly improve things, either from the TD's nor the member's point of view. People who have ordered parts from TDs any more significant than a screw know that it takes time to source that part. A TD would more likely replace the entire watch for a few days delay rather than go through the trouble of ordering a replacement part (at his expense) delaying the order at least another week or two, most likely even more for a new model (because the factory won't sell a part when they can sell a whole watch for more instant profit).

The point is not moot even though the QCs were accepted (it is still wrong if you planned it but you didn't go through with it). This is to let everyone know that such behavior is ill-advised.

In the second post I had given some thought to it. Initially I just thought about situation and an ideal outcome which is having a cool piece with a cool flaw but still having the accurate non flawed piece as back up in case it’s sold down the road (or whatever).

This just happened recently with a gen Rolex with a dial that is changing color. Again, flawed and looking cool and original/interesting but the question remains - do you want a flawed piece?

But yes, communication with your dealer is always good. And in my experience with this dealer, when I’ve needed replacement parts off a new watch, the factory gave them to him to send to me at no cost. At least according to what he told me.

anyway, I saw something I thought was cool and just quickly replied with An I’ll advised, off the cuff suggestion on how not to let it go. My apologies if it made someone think bad thoughts.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Couldn't have summed it better, treat the TD like you would like to be treated by him

Reactions: Blshh and Pdatoon

Sox2010

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/11/19
EU
any idea why they cant fix the crown guard writing issue?

Sox2010

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/11/19
EU
Did it prove the values in real wearing mode? how accurate is it?