• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM968 Bronze

shizzabamman

Looking Around
25/9/20
United States
Entering into the hobby and looking for my first, this one is definitely high on the list. Probably going to go for the pam 671 or 382 first however. But if reading through the forum has taught me anything, I'll probably end up with all three eventually......

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
Hope they update this the next go around and fix the major flaws. Will definitely buy then for sure.

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Ciao Paneristi,

I was lucky enough to get a VSF Pam 968 from Sead from stock he had prior to the raids.

I noticed that my Bronzo had a distinct pinkness to it and and almost bordered on rose gold. It had patina’d quite a bit upon arrival and decided to give it a clean with lemon juice/baking powder.

See pic below (doesn’t truly show the pinkness) does anyone else have this pink hue to theirs? It seems from pics other members reps are more on the ‘gold’ spectrum:

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Ciao Paneristi,

I was lucky enough to get a VSF Pam 968 from Sead from stock he had prior to the raids.

I noticed that my Bronzo had a distinct pinkness to it and and almost bordered on rose gold. It had patina’d quite a bit upon arrival and decided to give it a clean with lemon juice/baking powder.

See pic below (doesn’t truly show the pinkness) does anyone else have this pink hue to theirs? It seems from pics other members reps are more on the ‘gold’ spectrum:

Its normal, just wait for few days

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Hey, I think the suggestion was a few days so let check in next week with pics and see how it looks.

Did you receive it like that, or did that happen after you cleaned it up? Sead is holding one for me until the dust settles that side, so I also just want to make sure.

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Did you receive it like that, or did that happen after you cleaned it up? Sead is holding one for me until the dust settles that side, so I also just want to make sure.

Received like that. The clean only made it a bit shinier.

Interestingly, I’m reading that brass can turn more pink due to the copper oxides in the alloy coming to the surface after long exposure to heat or acids.

Not accusing Sead of this of course but could just be the fact the watch was sat around for a long time or just this particular watch in general.

There’s some methods to bring it back to the gold hue but will hold off until next week to see if it changes.

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Received like that. The clean only made it a bit shinier.

Interestingly, I’m reading that brass can turn more pink due to the copper oxides in the alloy coming to the surface after long exposure to heat or acids.

Not accusing Sead of this of course but could just be the fact the watch was sat around for a long time or just this particular watch in general.

There’s some methods to bring it back to the gold hue but will hold off until next week to see if it changes.

you mention brass, but you mean bronze, correct?

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
you mention brass, but you mean bronze, correct?

Sorry, Bronze and Brass. It happens when the zinc is leached from the alloy and copper oxides rise to the surface.

Maybe not be the case here but interesting to know if the hue doesn’t settle to more on the gold spectrum.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Sorry, Bronze and Brass. It happens when the zinc is leached from the alloy and copper oxides rise to the surface.

Maybe not be the case here but interesting to know if the hue doesn’t settle to more on the gold spectrum.

i might be wrong was under the impression bronze has tin and brass has zinc. Anyways, please keepmus updated if you dont mind.

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
i might be wrong was under the impression bronze has tin and brass has zinc. Anyways, please keepmus updated if you dont mind.

Yeah you’re right, just re-read, both will turn pink when the copper oxides rise to the surface of the metal.

Reactions: jpchub

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
Yeah you’re right, just re-read, both will turn pink when the copper oxides rise to the surface of the metal.

CuSn8 bronze is way too pink for me when clean. I misted salt water (mediterranean sea water) on mine a few times and brushed off the extra blue crud as it developed in the corners with a toothbrush ... after about 1week the patina was perfect.

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
CuSn8 bronze is way too pink for me when clean. I misted salt water (mediterranean sea water) on mine a few times and brushed off the extra blue crud as it developed in the corners with a toothbrush ... after about 1week the patina was perfect.

Could you share a pic?

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21

After just one round of the above it already looks way more gold!
jKzP7X.jpg

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited: