• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PAM 00911 by Noob coming soon .

wjmccaff

27/11/15
Got mine today and it was as expected, it looked pretty cool with the anticipated flaws. I was happy until I decided to change the strap...wtf...how much locktite do they put on these things. After trying for an hour I had to heat the lugs to melt the locktite so that I could remove the bars. Once removed, they were jacked up, fortunately I had a spare set. I get that you want them secure but ffs, changing straps is half the fun of owning a Pam - don't make it impossible.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
wjmccaff I flushed the threaded holes in the case lugs with solvent, and cleaned and lubricated. Other rods run normally.
The problem is in them, not in the case. So you can just change them and not get upset.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20

A watch's dealer comments about NF Pam911 dial different from gen . Right is Noob 911. (From Tensent news)

So if I can guess, the rep uses the 111 numerals? As opposed to the “fat” numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
So if I can guess, the rep uses the 111 numerals? As opposed to the “fat” numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's right, and also, hands are pre-v, instead of modern, low horizontal bar "A", dial font layout from 111, and a standard set of problems of the new noob.
A thicker case from 6497, unlike gen on p.5000, does not count, this problem could not be solved earlier.

Reactions: papabear244

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
IMG_664575c0d79e53a13fd7.jpg

Nice one !

How is the AR on this? Noob pams Used to have weak AR but in this Pic it Looks very nice ! Maybe the Factory improved this ?

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Nice one !

How is the AR on this? Noob pams Used to have weak AR but in this Pic it Looks very nice ! Maybe the Factory improved this ?

I never noticed a problem or lack of appropriate AR on any PAM rep or gen. The worst AR or lack thereof was on the gen Hamilton Murph and the rep Omega No Time To Die both of which I had correct by Steve PROF STEVE

Reactions: thenut

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Any chances Noob will correct some of the obvious and easy to correct flaws?

Noob is becoming very irrelevant with VSF taking over major brands. They need to get their shit together or they'll be on par with OXF and alike.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Any chances Noob will correct some of the obvious and easy to correct flaws?

Noob is becoming very irrelevant with VSF taking over major brands. They need to get their shit together or they'll be on par with OXF and alike.

I would believe for sure that they will fix the massive minor bugs associated with this case. 005 is already being produced partially with other parts.

But, whether they will correct factual mistakes, like a completely new dial, I think depends only on sales.

The hardest part about the dial was getting the colors right, and they did it, well, doing the rest is a matter of technique. But will they?

Considering how expected this model was, I think their efforts on v2 would pay off. If they don’t, it’s hard to imagine what model would be more interesting for them ... I hope they don’t have a principled tactic for 1 attempt.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I really don't understand some of you guys

What is the true goal of our hobby?:
Get a replica as close to the original in all its aspects or get a nice watch, superbly built?

Why do we spend hours of our time in comparisons, reviews and critiques? To get a beautiful and well-finished watch? Everyone can distinguish a beautiful and well finished watch without knowing anything about replicas and without having to consult any forum
No matter how much hope we have put into this model , no matter how well finished it is, no matter how good it looks and no matter how much we want to have a watch like this. Noob's PAM 911 rep is a real fiasco

We can forgive using a 44mm Luminor case from models equipped with 6497 movement, which is slightly different and a little thinner, even the same bezel (although it seems from the photos that NOOB has used a more accurate bezel), also using a 6497 movement instead of the P.5000, since we do not yet have a good Clone and we have a closed caseback in PAM 911. But using the same dial and inscriptions of another model like the PAM111, with different markers, different inscriptions and placed in an inaccurate position, and the Pre-V hands of the PAM390, is currently inadmissible and unnecessary, because getting a correct dial and correct hands is really very easy at this time.

In some minutes I will publish the dial differences by pics.

If we let pass and accept these freedoms of the makers, we will degrade the quality and accuracy of our replicas in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------
It's funny because NOOB already had the correct dial sandwich in 2012 since it was introduced, wrongly, in some games of PAM 111 V3, as can be seen in the following threads:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...am-warning-dial-issue-at-2-in-pam-111-v3-noob
https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/39409-dial-issue-at-2-in-pam-111-v3-noob/&
https://www.repgeek.com/ale7575-s-panerai-reviews/192290-warning-dial-issue-2-pam-111-v3-noob-3.html

It seems that this sandwich dial belonged to old series of PAM111

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Below pics are showing the dial differences of Noob PAM911 vs. GEN

It is very easy to see the differences on 12, 3 and 6 markers

LUMINOR MARINA and PANERAI inscriptions are bad placed, mainly the LUMINOR MARINA, as you can see in comparative pics.
All fonts are wrong! The “A” has the horizontal bar really low in the reps. The flaw PANER..AI is evident, the gen is clearly PANERAI. Fonts on PAM911 are the same as PAM390, completely different from the PAM111 fonts used by Noob.

Lume colour on rep hands is white or almost withe, whereas in gen is vintage style like the markers

Disregard the dial colour differences, is a colour saturation adjustment problem

PAM911_DIAL_COMP..jpg

PAM911_DIAL_COMP-_TOP.jpg

PAM911_DIAL_COMP-_BOTTOM_.jpg

For those who already know me well, as you can see, I have added as few lines as possible :p

As above commented really unacceptable for a modern quality rep.

ALE

Last edited:

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
As above commented really unacceptable for a modern quality rep.

ALE

Agreed. Was Noob behind the 26k? I only use it as a reference since the 26’s dial is closer to the 911 than the current Noob 911. The 12, 3, 9 numerals and letter spacing are all leaps and bounds closer (disregarding the dial color diff obviously). So to echo your point, shame on Noob. Don’t be lazy, we know you can make the dial.

That being said, Noob is known for slowly rolling out imperfect models to get us hooked on buying the next best model (for $$$). They did that for what, 10 versions of the Submariner?, before VSF, ARF, etc. kicked up the competition.

Reactions: Orev

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
from the quality Noob used to produce its a real shame they have let themselves slip so badly, its not even though they reproduced the other re-released pams with as much care as previous iterations.

I really hope that Noob up their game after CNY and produce what we know they were capable of in the past.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks Duc superspark69 for your comments

This issue of dial is the same that KW had when the release of 510 and 511 in Jan 2014
They stopped the production starting April 2014, and released a V2 with correct dial in May 2014

Noob must do the same!!! and, I agree with you: they can do it

ALE