• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai 24mm bracelet does not fit rep?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I suspect that it is because the straps were designed to fit the gen watches, which have a slightly different hole placement on the lugs, which makes these bracelets incompatible with reps. You can check if the hole offset is the same however you put the bracelet (left end link on left lug or right end link on right lug and vice versa). That said, it may be possible to mod the end links so that the holes line up.

On a related note, I had no idea there was a matte black steel bracelet. Might look nice on a suitable PVD/DLC watch (assuming the offset can be fixed).

Reactions: Mrpong

tomjnt

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/1/16
Europe
Hi

I ordered 24mm Pam bracelet from Strapsco for my 111 (noob) and 359 (VSF V2). However, the bracelet does not fit in both rep.

https://strapsco.com/product/heavy-duty-stainless-steel-watch-band-with-hidden-clasp/

Is this because the lug shape or holes in lugs of both reps are not the same as gen? Or I misunderstand something?

If the Lumnor case has same construction as the Submersible,than is the original and the rep bracelet from Submersible must be fit to the case and lugs.The original or rep bracelet has another endlinks,as which bracelet you bought.On the both side of the endlinks are 2 small protruding pin, it tightens on the lugs.In general, it is quite difficult to mount the bracelet on the case,the clasp should be fully opened and the bracelet lowered onto the back of the case so that the endlinks are not stretched.I have changed these a few times but still have a hard time going.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
If the Lumnor case has same construction as the Submersible,than is the original and the rep bracelet from Submersible must be fit to the case and lugs.The original or rep bracelet has another endlinks,as which bracelet you bought.On the both side of the endlinks are 2 small protruding pin, it tightens on the lugs.In general, it is quite difficult to mount the bracelet on the case,the clasp should be fully opened and the bracelet lowered onto the back of the case so that the endlinks are not stretched.I have changed these a few times but still have a hard time going.

Can you illustrate how you are mounting the bracelet? Like the clasp being fully opened. Not sure how that would help with making the braclet fit but it would be great to see how you do it. :)

tomjnt

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/1/16
Europe
Can you illustrate how you are mounting the bracelet? Like the clasp being fully opened. Not sure how that would help with making the braclet fit but it would be great to see how you do it. :)

Sorry mate, i can't show the assembly. I don't have the bracelet anymore because i got a good deal and sold it.
I just have a picture of the bracelet and the watch with the bracelet if that helps.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Sorry mate, i can't show the assembly. I don't have the bracelet anymore because i got a good deal and sold it.
I just have a picture of the bracelet and the watch with the bracelet if that helps.

Well if they would show what you meant by this,

the clasp should be fully opened and the bracelet lowered onto the back of the case so that the endlinks are not stretched.

that could be helpful.

tomjnt

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/1/16
Europe
I was looking for a picture for the illustration.This is a rep or genuine pam bracelet on PAM236:

7dd8ef6b800368fa64a563d568190eae.jpg

if you take off the bracelet and want to put it back on, or on another watch and put the watch down in this position it is difficult to put it back on:

962685d9d16be17e4e2ffae5226d97e6.jpg

it is easier if you open the clasp fully:

e8ab14c8b57c0410e28bc13f6507763f.jpg

and you lay the watch on the table so:

bd117e4178b18b58c6baf00fada176ea.jpg

and if you did everything right, that’s the end result on PAM243:

cc3a283e2bff9f5bcab059edb92a80de.jpg

ae2b82a51bf72061429a77d9bd02ac4e.jpg

Offmybach

Known Member
25/3/20
What pins are you using to attach? I have a rep 243 and rep bracelet. The spring pin that comes with the watch is too large to fit on opening of bracelet. A smaller pin is loose and the end link swings upward. It doesn't have that lip on side to prevent it from moving upwards.
I've been trying to put this together for months and now I'm stuck not being able to attach bracelet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk