• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My PAM 372 died - Advice on a new 372

ElCapitano

28/11/16
Where the Dutch live
Hi all,

Last weekend my 2 year ols PAM 372 died. Too bad, it served me very well and loved to wear it. However, it was the model with the sapphire glass and I always wanted one with the sexy plexi. Therefore decided not to have it repaired but instead find a new/used one.

So here's the question ... what is THE best PAM 372 rep on the market. Especially with correct coloring of the hands and markers.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Don’t think there are any PAMs 372 on the market.

Noob is the best but it’s discontinued as far as I know....so might be academic which is the best one since none available

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
There’s one in the M2M forum. It’s no noob, but it may do in a pinch. Great price and. Great seller.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks Superspark!

Needless to say that if someone has a 372 to sell, just let me know ;) Missing it already....

Alright, alright Captain!

It Was a dumb question; asking about what’s the best (DISCONTINUED) rep on the MARKET. Lol.

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Sorry mate, didn't know there are dumb questions ... apparently there are :)
Nevertheless, still sucks that the best is discontinued ...

It wasn't a dumb question. It was an uninformed one. You may not have been keenly observing the situations with the factories and the various models being produced and you are certainly not alone. So questions like this come up every once in a while. No worries. Besides if everyone knew everything, what's there to discuss? :)

Good luck on your search. They come up once in a while on M2M so keep your eyes peeled. :D

ElCapitano

28/11/16
Where the Dutch live
It wasn't a dumb question. It was an uninformed one. You may not have been keenly observing the situations with the factories and the various models being produced and you are certainly not alone. So questions like this come up every once in a while. No worries. Besides if everyone knew everything, what's there to discuss? :)

Good luck on your search. They come up once in a while on M2M so keep your eyes peeled. :D

Thanks Mysterio, very well spoken, thanks.

From today I’m checking the M2M on a daily basis ;)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Sorry mate, didn't know there are dumb questions ... apparently there are :)
Nevertheless, still sucks that the best is discontinued ...

Whoowwwww. Lol. I think I’ve just worked out what’s happened.

It seemed like you called me a “superspark” when I was trying to help you by informing you that the watch was discontinued.

I thought you were being sarcastic.

Lol, I’ve now worked out, that you were referring to the member who posted above me.

Sorry for the confusion and of course it wasn’t a dumb question, just a mix up.

Sent from the RWI App

Hazing

9/5/19
Thanks Mysterio, very well spoken, thanks.

From today I’m checking the M2M on a daily basis ;)

Yes, good idea. Just whatever you do... don’t waste your time or energy checking it 6 Times an hour waiting for something to pop up. You’ll be fine checking it once a day. Or maybe even once a week.

Reactions: ElCapitano

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Yes, good idea. Just whatever you do... don’t waste your time or energy checking it 6 Times an hour waiting for something to pop up. You’ll be fine checking it once a day. Or maybe even once a week.
Nowadays if you check it once a week either you are very lucky or you'll find leftovers ;)
Are you trying to have one less competitor? lol

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
Nowadays if you check it once a week either you are very lucky or you'll find leftovers ;)
Are you trying to have one less competitor? lol

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

I was trying to be inconspicuous. Was I that obvious? Lol

jc0515

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/20
Boston
Just to ask, what died on it? Since it's "gone" did you try taking it apart? Just using my engineering background, I've had success fixing various issues - just worth a try for you is all I'm saying.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Just to ask, what died on it? Since it's "gone" did you try taking it apart? Just using my engineering background, I've had success fixing various issues - just worth a try for you is all I'm saying.

Good question.

It would make sense to repair a now rare discontinued watch.

OP, perhaps consider sending it to a forum watchmaker and having it fixed.

Sent from the RWI App

ElCapitano

28/11/16
Where the Dutch live
Sure a good question. It died because of a small clamp coming loose in the movement.
Reason for not repairing it and letting it go was that it had a sapphire crystal which I didn't like and second the coloring of the lettering on the dial ware too 'mustard'. Therefore decide to let it go.

I'll take my chances on finding a new one. Not in a hurry.