No announcement yet.

243 or La Bomba for tiny asian wrist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If bond can wear a thick diver watch with a Tom ford suit then I think it’s ok in 2020 to wear a PAM243 for business. The watch means business. I think it looks cool with a dress shirt or even a tux. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

I say go for it, you won't have a problem reselling either if you decide it doesn't fit right.
      Trying new pieces and finding out what suits your style is half the fun.
      I find the thickness and weight of a watch more important than diameter, it has to sit and not be top heavy/uncomfortable.
      my wrist is 19cm and would love a 187 but at 220g (ish) I know its too heavy for myself.
      Those pieces you are looking at are probably 170g
      Happy Hunting

Comment

Both will look fine.The thick bezels make them look big but they won’t be far off from your 308. They will be a little thicker and sit higher off your wrist than the 308.

Comment

Originally posted by APjumbo View Post
          I say go for it, you won't have a problem reselling either if you decide it doesn't fit right.
          Trying new pieces and finding out what suits your style is half the fun.
          I find the thickness and weight of a watch more important than diameter, it has to sit and not be top heavy/uncomfortable.
          my wrist is 19cm and would love a 187 but at 220g (ish) I know its too heavy for myself.
          Those pieces you are looking at are probably 170g
          I must be a muscular short man. I have smaller wrists than you.
          Last edited by mysterio; 30-06-20, 07:01.

Comment

If anything, pam064 without a strap and screws 148 g, while the chrono pams 44mm in steel are all about 120-125 g, depending on the model. About 243 - I don’t know yet ...

Comment

Originally posted by KOT1917 View Post
              If anything, pam064 without a strap and screws 148 g, while the chrono pams 44mm in steel are all about 120-125 g, depending on the model. About 243 - I don’t know yet ...
              The PAM243 is 148 grams.

Comment

Thank you for adding that, in general, the weight is the same (given the accuracy of the kitchen scale) and a different strap can minimize the difference between 1000m. panerai and chrono 44mm. So the weight in the wearing process will not play a decisive role.

Comment

mysterio
                  I think you’re shaming me into buying another watch.
                  OK, fine I’ll do it, if I ever see another 187 I’m going to go for it. Not because I want to, just to prove I can handle that monster. ????
                  Happy Hunting

Comment

Originally posted by mysterio View Post
                    Just a reminder, please refrain from posting WTB type posts in the discussion section. Thanks.
                    Damn, I missed that one. I normally make an effort to know the rules, but I failed on this one, so do apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KOT1917 View Post
                      Thank you for adding that, in general, the weight is the same (given the accuracy of the kitchen scale) and a different strap can minimize the difference between 1000m. panerai and chrono 44mm. So the weight in the wearing process will not play a decisive role.
                      Well the scale I used at the time was one calibrated to traceable standards then I averaged 10 readings to reach the final result though a kitchen scale will probably do just fine (I was in the office, newly purchased weighing scales arrived, it was fate ).

Originally posted by APjumbo View Post
                      mysterio
                      I think you’re shaming me into buying another watch.
                      OK, fine I’ll do it, if I ever see another 187 I’m going to go for it. Not because I want to, just to prove I can handle that monster. ????

Comment

Working...
                      X