• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Removing cyclops PAM346

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Ok guys, this might be controversial but I have to admit I am a cyclops hater, just can’t get around it. Rolex, PAM, etc it doesn’t matter, that mole is just not aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

I just got a PAM346 and would like to know if it is possible to remove the cyclops - it seats on the inside of the glass. I would actually be more in favour of replacing the crystal (so if one day I sell the watch, new buyer will have the option to bring it back to original specs).

Where can I found such crystal? Can I use the xtal for the pam753/754? Choice on the net is... wide and confusing. Some help would be welcome to find something top notch

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
Ha ha, I totally agree with the evil Cyclops!
Take it to your watch smith and he will find a crystal and he can install it too!
OR better, switch to a PAM190, who needs a date (window)?

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Ha ha, I totally agree with the evil Cyclops!
Take it to your watch smith and he will find a crystal and he can install it too!
OR better, switch to a PAM190, who needs a date (window)?

Lol, just want to replace the crystal, not the watch! And I don’t need a watch smith. I m going to service it and change the crystal at the same type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
It's your watch, do with it as you please. The crystal cyclops is etched onto the underside of the crystal I think. It is not like the Rolex design where the cyclops is applied on top of the crystal where you could remove it by using a sharp knife. Try asking WSO on ebay if they have one for a 45mm Radiomir without a cyclops. Good luck.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I’m irritated by the way the Cyclopes looks on Panerai references too. It makes things look so cluttered and distracting. I thought about replacing the crystal on the one model I have with the date magnification and could definitely go without it. I’ve thought about it a number of times and kinda planned on looking into this the next time it’s down for service.

Last edited:
Reactions: mskwatch

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
It's your watch, do with it as you please. The crystal cyclops is etched onto the underside of the crystal I think. It is not like the Rolex design where the cyclops is applied on top of the crystal where you could remove it by using a sharp knife. Try asking WSO on ebay if they have one for a 45mm Radiomir without a cyclops. Good luck.

WSO was my first guess but they don’t list any crystal for 45mm models, only 40, 44 and 47mm

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
WSO was my first guess but they don’t list any crystal for 45mm models, only 40, 44 and 47mm

Try messaging them. Who knows? Maybe they have one and just forgot to post it. :)

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Maybe Prof could help out ?

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Carbonara

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/19
Old Blighty
It’s the crystal from the likes of a 505 you’ll want.

Not that I want to condone this sort of behaviour, you wait til your eyes get like mine ;)

Reactions: p0pperini

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
It’s the crystal from the likes of a 505 you’ll want.

Not that I want to condone this sort of behaviour, you wait til your eyes get like mine ;)

That is exactly the crystal I need....

Prof has not that size in stock.

Who/where else can I talk to/look into??

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Have you tried wholesaleoutlet990?

Not crystal listed for Radiomirs, I have messaged them, waiting for an answer.

I have found Minging Sapphire on eBay. Any experience with this brand?

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Update: receive this from China

5054705bbccbebff171fed8fcbd1dc91.jpg

No info on coating... Let’s see if it fits

Reactions: Hazing

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
49679ba9e6a14c227bc7f00a56a21eb9.jpg

19f1090cb9a0a5326f6bdfb5c9a11ef6.jpg

It looks some much better!

But no AR is quite disturbing. Me thinking I need to go back to talk to Prof....

What do you guys think?

Reactions: mskwatch

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I think it looks good. Aesthetically without the fisheye and it doesn't look terrible without AR. Looks similar to the 1661 I'm wearing right now. But I get it because I think it would look better AR'ed.

Did you change the crystal yourself or send it out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk