• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Manual winding for panerai?

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
Hi guys, new to this section of RWI. I ordered two PAMs (1661 and 683) and waiting for QC. I have only owned rolex reps in the past. Can you please educate me on how these watches should be wound? I normally just set the correct time on my Rolex and put it on and let my wrist movement wind the watch up. Do I need to wind PAMs? And if so, how many turns on the crown would I need? Thanks so much in advance. Just wanna get it right without affecting the movement in a bad way.

Nottingham

15/6/19
Same for those bro. Rotor Will wind the movement Up on your wrist. Shake it up à des times and you 're good To go

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
Oh nice! Thanks for the reply. I asked cuz i read some folks wind it 40-50 times. I assume so it gets that power reserve. I just dont wanna break it by winding it too much. I’ll go ahead just slap it on and go! Lol

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Oh nice! Thanks for the reply. I asked cuz i read some folks wind it 40-50 times. I assume so it gets that power reserve. I just dont wanna break it by winding it too much. I’ll go ahead just slap it on and go! Lol

That's for PAMs with a manual wind movement. For PAMs with automatic movements, you would treat them the same as a Rolex watch as they are mostly automatic.

Last edited:

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
Awesome; thanks for the inform! That’s good to hear I don’t have to wind. Can’t wait for my 683 and 1661!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I give my automatic PAMs a few winds after setting the correct time/date. That should be enough to get them going, my wrist movement should be good enough to continue its operation during wearing and then some.

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
What would you say the pam’s Pxxxx movement compared to asian clone’s a2836, 2824, etc.
pretty similar?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Honestly I have relatively little personal experience with Rolex reps. The newest P.9000 superclone movements are not using any existing automatic movements and placing decorative plates on them like before.

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
Oh i see. Cross fingers they last a while. The watches look very good.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Well generally they run well. If you encounter a problem, you should ask a rep-friendly watchsmith (or one of our Trusted Modders) to service your watch.