• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM382 Bronzo Dial

doc_strange

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
Hi everyone :) Just wanted to ask for your opinions on the pam382 VSF dial that I just ordered. Specifically on the subdial markers and the font on the dial? Font should be bolder and the subdial marker colors are wrong right? or is it just me? haha thanks for your inputs.
Zz52bk9

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The fonts do appear to be lighter than usual and the round markers on the subdial are a different color compared to the elongated markers. What did the TD say (assuming you got it from a TD)?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Hour markers at 12 and 6 o’clock are also way too thin.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
No need. This is just to validate his findings. This is not a "here are my QC pics, what is wrong with them?" type of thread, which is not allowed.

Yes I know but I’m wondering if that is even VSF replica. I know they came up with new batch of 382 and that would be crazy if the new batch was like that. They are usually pretty good and consistent.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Yes I know but I’m wondering if that is even VSF replica. I know they came up with new batch of 382 and that would be crazy if the new batch was like that. They are usually pretty good and consistent.

Which is why I said I assumed he ordered from a TD (who would know forum customers are a choosy lot). If it's not from a TD, then he is on his own, but is completely out of scope for this thread.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
There seems to be some variation on the gen models. Like the color of the dots on the sub dial, as well as the size of the markers at 6 and 12. I looked on IG at a few gens and saw some that had a thin marker at 6. But the two markers at 12 were thicker. We’ve seen in the fonts, markers, and lume on the 692 that things change from year to year.

im just saying do some research before you pick one random watch and compare qc pics hypercritically.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
There seems to be some variation on the gen models. Like the color of the dots on the sub dial, as well as the size of the markers at 6 and 12. I looked on IG at a few gens and saw some that had a thin marker at 6. But the two markers at 12 were thicker. We’ve seen in the fonts, markers, and lume on the 692 that things change from year to year.

im just saying do some research before you pick one random watch and compare qc pics hypercritically.

That's unusual, considering the PAM382 was a special edition run. Things can change year to year on references with multiple releases but it's surprising (if true) that a single run of a special edition would have inconsistencies.

Hazing

9/5/19
That's unusual, considering the PAM382 was a special edition run. Things can change year to year on references with multiple releases but it's surprising (if true) that a single run of a special edition would have inconsistencies.

I was wondering that as I looked through. I thought it was a single year edition but then I started seeing some variation and assumed that maybe it lasted several run. Or maybe it was angles and photo IG filters.

Qatar974

16/11/18
Qatar
15d9cfa6ff92a722cdaac70c224a7cb9.jpg

This is mine i got from a TD this month, the dots have different colours and also the (15) on the bezel is not centered but it does not bother me at all since i can't see it when i'm wearing the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06

How can you be sure that on IG the photos you compared are of original PAM382?
I see all the time established paneristi and even CEO of Panerai liking photos on IG of FAKE PAMs. That's actually funny that a CEO of Panerai is not able to spot a cheap rep from a product the company of which he is a CEO makes (I am not here speaking of high end reps, rather of dhgate crap).

I do agree with mysterio, I would be very surprised to see differences among the various genuine 382

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I completely agree with all the "inconsistencies" of these watches with previous batches. I’m also sure that to understand small details, it makes no sense to compare with the photo of the wrist. Different lighting, different settings. However, I am also sure that all 1000 gen pieces are the same. I did not hold gen in my hands, but this instance does not seem to me successful.

Hazing

9/5/19
How can you be sure that on IG the photos you compared are of original PAM382?
I see all the time established paneristi and even CEO of Panerai liking photos on IG of FAKE PAMs. That's actually funny that a CEO of Panerai is not able to spot a cheap rep from a product the company of which he is a CEO makes (I am not here speaking of high end reps, rather of dhgate crap).

I do agree with mysterio, I would be very surprised to see differences among the various genuine 382

I can’t at all. I should have just said something along the lines of “there seems to be some variation between the pics posted online. Enough that I’m not even sure which details are consistent authentic features and details.”

doc_strange

9/6/20
Which is why I said I assumed he ordered from a TD (who would know forum customers are a choosy lot). If it's not from a TD, then he is on his own, but is completely out of scope for this thread.

Yea exactly. Yes I'm in the process of ordering from Jtime. I find the text font too thin as well, and this doesn't look at all like the VSF V2 build. just my opinion :/

doc_strange

9/6/20
The fonts do appear to be lighter than usual and the round markers on the subdial are a different color compared to the elongated markers. What did the TD say (assuming you got it from a TD)?

After Jtime sent me the QC pics, I replied saying that the subdial markers' "patina" tone is a little off for me and also the text seems too thin. That was a couple of days back, still awaiting reply :)