• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panny probs (chipped), maybe worth getting a new one!?)

Giblets46

Horology Curious
17/6/15
So I managed to pick up the attached on a recent business trip to Shenzehn and a the infamous Louhu Commercial centre, it is as crazy as it sounds, you simply get offered a choice of brochures, ( I also got a AP Royal Oak and a Patek Moonphase), really like the watch, though its not the best replica (seems to be be a PAM 104 with a glass caseback (or is that a specific model?)).

Unfortunately soon after I got back I managed to chip the Crystal, clearly just mineral glass (as I also managed to scratch it again later!).
Is there anywhere I can get a replacement crystal (preferably sapphire), and not being a 1:1 will it fit?
Or....am I best getting a better rep? Thinking a 312? Where is the best place to look, 'in time' (any others?)
thanks in advance.

valueprop

17/12/19
Doesn't seem like a great rep in general, but it's up to you. If you really like it, makes sense to invest some to get it looking pretty but that could be a rabbit hole, if the new crystal is hard to fit and if the movement gives up next etc etc

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I would suggest getting a proper replica. You may need to spend a fair bit to get a replacement crystal and like what has been mentioned, they may not even fit. The dial is also not good which will be magnified when you manage to replace it with a proper crystal. Ask any TD regarding the availability of the PAM312. It's just supposedly come out (or re-released) so any TD would be able to get one for you.

Giblets46

Horology Curious
17/6/15
Thanks for the advice on this, taken the plunge on a PAM312 R VSF 1:1 Best Edition on Black Leather Strap P.9000 Super Clone V2 from Pure time, requested a brown strap on it though, so looking forward to it arriving!

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Thanks for the advice on this, taken the plunge on a PAM312 R VSF 1:1 Best Edition on Black Leather Strap P.9000 Super Clone V2 from Pure time, requested a brown strap on it though, so looking forward to it arriving!

Good choice. You will love it.