• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"SWAN NECK" (Part III)- Statistical Analysis of faults and reliability in replicas

Jeane123

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/4/15
Like I said before in another thread ALE your time invested in research help so many people on this forum. We all truly appreciate all the effort you put towards contributing.

Snappy1

Looking Around
23/6/16
I am new here and have literally just today received a NOOB Pan Lum, and I am delighted with the watch, the strap is a little "stiff" but might loosen up just like my Gens.

The swan neck has the short screw and a little gap between swan and arm, but to be honest I needed a loupe to see these faults, I hesitate to call them faults really considering the amazing quality at the cost.

Anyhoo, fantastic work and an amazing amount of information.....go lay down now! :thumbup:

franszz

Looking Around
6/1/20
Good morning all!!
what a job that was done with this post! as much on the writing as on the presention, the calculations ... so I'm new but I am in awe of the diversity of the technical aspects discussed here on this forum! congratulations to all these last people who work hard to share it with others.
However, I have a question for connoisseurs: if we had to buy a single Panerai, what would be the most qualitative model as a whole? the PAM 799?
thanks for your feedback

RenirambuS

Horology Curious
23/7/12
Eu
I m coming up to your tread today, very impressive, and I read (not all : -(
long time ago, guess 2008, I bought this Panerai from Davidsen. Is the swan neck correct?
The watch is running very accurate and still a nice piece I believe.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This Swan neck is a typical Noob SN with short screw. The screw doesn't touch the dagger.
This is the same in almost all reps and doesn´t affect the working of the watch. No worries about that.

ALE

Last edited:

bobo383

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/19
This is a great post. One of my movements had the short screw on the swan neck, and I had to remove the swan neck entirely to get the watch regulated. Thankfully it is holding well.