• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AAA I'm looking for photos for realize a stampable 3d model

abracadabra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
Hi everyone,
I'm a good CAD designer and I have been making realistic photos for 10 years now. With the diffusion of FABLabs (laboratories where it is possible to print your own 3D models) I've created several scale architectural models.
Since I have a great passion for Panerai, I decided to make one that can be printed in plastic, wax or metal.

I would need photos of the genuine models on which to base my axonometric views.

Or the ideal would be a 3d scan that I just need to refine.

Currently FABLab printers have a tolerance of less than a millimeter. So with a good starting point I could be able to create a 3d model that anyone can print (practically free).
I am going to put in it a nice original age 6497 taken from a Perseo whom I fixed with my hands. But if you want you could put any cheap seagull model in it and use it when you go to the beach.
It certainly won't be like the originals, but I think I can do better than many Chinese models I've seen sold in recent years.

For those who want to help me in this project ... I am looking for photos and materials that could be useful for me to obtain the drawing.
At the end of the project I would like to make the template ready for printing available to the forum.

ps: sorry for my english, my native language is italian.

pps: the starting point could be the right pam111 for simplicity.

Last edited:

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
Hi everyone,
I'm a good CAD designer and I have been making realistic photos for 10 years now. With the diffusion of FABLabs (laboratories where it is possible to print your own 3D models) I've created several scale architectural models.
Since I have a great passion for Panerai, I decided to make one that can be printed in plastic, wax or metal.

I would need photos of the genuine models on which to base my axonometric views.

Or the ideal would be a 3d scan that I just need to refine.

Currently FABLab printers have a tolerance of less than a millimeter. So with a good starting point I could be able to create a 3d model that anyone can print (practically free).
I am going to put in it a nice original age 6497 taken from a Perseo whom I fixed with my hands. But if you want you could put any cheap seagull model in it and use it when you go to the beach.
It certainly won't be like the originals, but I think I can do better than many Chinese models I've seen sold in recent years.

For those who want to help me in this project ... I am looking for photos and materials that could be useful for me to obtain the drawing.
At the end of the project I would like to make the template ready for printing available to the forum.

ps: sorry for my english, my native language is italian.

pps: the starting point could be the right pam111 for simplicity.

Hi dear! Good to know. I'm an Architect and 3D artist so if you need some help you can count on me too. About the Pam 111 I think that is not a game value because it is already a super rep watch in the NWBIG list but there are a lot of watches out there with bad casebacks and cases. In case of we could create a Group Buy it would be great to contact other CNC factories for working on CAD file instead of the FabLab. ps I'm italian too. :)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I’ve yet to see a 3D printed object that would pass scrutiny at the resolution required for a well-made watch part. I have several friends with the technology and they spend hours smoothing and refining parts after printing them. I’ve used online services for scale model parts, and although the results are “okay” (for a model representing, say, a bashed about fighting vehicle), I wouldn’t want a watch made using the same tech.

Perhaps the technology has leapt ahead in recent months...

So I’ll follow this with interest, but remain skeptical of the potential for success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk