• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai PAM312 Latest version(s)

Pam23

Looking Around
20/5/20
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, so some of the things I wrote might sound stupid to more knowledgeable members, but this is due to my lack of knowledge when it comes both to Panerai watches, and replicas of them. I started reading about replicas 2 days ago, and how the process of buying one, works.

I am hoping that with the help of more experienced members, I will be able to buy my first Panerai (replica). Buying a one seems more complicated than I thought.

I am set on a 312 with black leather strap. From what I’ve learned in the past 2 days from reading information in the Reference PAM REVIEW GUIDE, I see that there’s several manufacturers that make Panerai replicas – Noob, ZF, VSF, with Noob coming closest to the "real thing". Unfortunately, most of the links in the post, are no longer working (8 years have passed since)

I also read the thread about the V5 NOOB PAM111, and I was hoping I’d find a similar one for the PAM 312, but didn’t.

So, I’m hoping that members that are better informed and up to date with the latest, could help me (and maybe others) with some information such as:

-which manufacturer makes the best 312, and which is their latest version
-which TD would you suggest buying from (as different TDs work with different factories) - with location being a factor for shipping (I am based in the EU)
-could you please help with feedback once I receive the QC photos. I am sure some of you can point out possible flaws which my untrained eye would miss.

Thank you.

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
• VSF
• any TD
• make sure everything is straight. VSF usually is good when it comes to QC.

Pam23

Looking Around
20/5/20
Hello rcom440. Thank you for the information.

I've looked up VSF PAM312 and it seems that the V2 P9000 seems to be their latest version.

It seems not to be in stock at the moment, I'll post QC photos once (if) I get them.

Thanks again.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
VSF 312 should be in stock. Did you already ask TD if it’s available?

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
VSF/XF latest version. Make sure the date changes at (or close) to 12. Fantastic rep.

Blshh

Renowned Member
2/6/19
You plan on not wearing it? :lol:
My kids also asking it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Normally after I received new watch, I didn't open the sticker or plastic cover, just cut the cover at the crown guard for winding and kinectic power check. Start with 10× , record the hours then 20x and lastly 40x. From TD's advice not to open the sticker in case after received a problem watch and can send back to factory. I got a few problem watches sent back to factory for repair already.
After all this harsher , I am still very much enjoy this hobby , actually can't wait for next 44mm or 47mm new Pam from factory. :D

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
My kids also asking it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Normally after I received new watch, I didn't open the sticker or plastic cover, just cut the cover at the crown guard for winding and kinectic power check. Start with 10× , record the hours then 20x and lastly 40x. From TD's advice not to open the sticker in case after received a problem watch and can send back to factory. I got a few problem watches sent back to factory for repair already.
After all this harsher , I am still very much enjoy this hobby , actually can't wait for next 44mm or 47mm new Pam from factory. :D

I see. While it is not uncommon to get a watch with issues, it's quite unfortunate that you see to have encountered more than your fair share of lemons. I hope that is an exception and not becoming a general trend. Also, are the problems that bad that you can't have it fixed locally? It is your prerogative of course whichever path you want to take. Just curious.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Reactions: klockjohan

klockjohan

El Patron
5/12/15
EU
That's great. I'm partial to the PAM359 but I prefer the PAM351 more in the series because of the titanium case/tobacco dial combo.

Definitely second that. The 351 is one of my favourites. Somehow the Titanium makes it a different watch.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Both the 312 and 351 remain my collection, beautiful watches, I find have to pair it with a nice long chunky strap to offset the extra height they have over the bettarini cases.

CWU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/19
The Netherlands

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Both the 312 and 351 remain my collection, beautiful watches, I find have to pair it with a nice long chunky strap to offset the extra height they have over the bettarini cases.

Do you have a 351 VSF version? What would you say about the shade of the dial, numbers and markers, the font of the dial? I don’t think it could be obvious from the photo, and I didn’t hold this rep in my hands, but I heard that these colors are not quite accurate, which makes the overall impression not very similar to gen.

OzStriker

Horology Curious
22/1/16
I haven’t had any luck finding a vsf 351, if anyone has any leads please let me know! It is such a beautiful Watch.

Simonix

7/3/20
UK
I haven’t had any luck finding a vsf 351, if anyone has any leads please let me know! It is such a beautiful Watch.

I have just had a little look at some of the TDs that I have used, including the one I ordered my 351 from, you're right, they appear to have stopped stocking it?

Maybe email one of the TDs to see if they can still get it? That's what I do before I order any watch now.