• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF PAM1661 carbotech

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

Today I got finally my QC.. this should the second batch because when I ordered it was already sold out.. I do not see differences with the previous batch, isn’t it?

Oh nice. Hopefully this is a sign that they're back out. I'm Awaiting QCs.

And after seeing yours, now I'm impatiently waiting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
I got QCs today from Li of jtime. They are back. Go with Li for fast service

Hazing

9/5/19
In the latest rounds of QC pics has anyone seen a 2nd strap? Or is that promotion over?

There were posts of people rejecting QCs because they did not like the color of the 2nd free strap (which imo is enough of a reason for factories to stop giving them away).

But I got my QCs with no second strap. Which is not an issue for me as I wouldn't wear it anyway but, again, just curious.

milke

Horology Curious
9/6/20
In the latest rounds of QC pics has anyone seen a 2nd strap? Or is that promotion over?

There were posts of people rejecting QCs because they did not like the color of the 2nd free strap (which imo is enough of a reason for factories to stop giving them away).

But I got my QCs with no second strap. Which is not an issue for me as I wouldn't wear it anyway but, again, just curious.

I received recently the pam and there was no second rubber strap. I contacted them and said factory stopped providing promo and is over, but they didnt said anything on website.

Also, the “kevlar” strap paints my hand with the color of the leather from the back of the strap. Cleaning the strap with leather products avoids paint to be released on skin but if I forgot one morning to do that till I wear it, in few hours I got the color on my skin. Contacted QC and they said is quite normal for this strap especially in summer ????‍♂️ . Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I received recently the pam and there was no second rubber strap. I contacted them and said factory stopped providing promo and is over, but they didnt said anything on website.

Also, the “kevlar” strap paints my hand with the color of the leather from the back of the strap. Cleaning the strap with leather products avoids paint to be released on skin but if I forgot one morning to do that till I wear it, in few hours I got the color on my skin. Contacted QC and they said is quite normal for this strap especially in summer ????‍♂️ . Cheers !

I’ve never “cleaned” mine and have had no issues with the color fading on my wrist. Perhaps your product is causing the dye to release... or maybe this is an issue with the “new batches”

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Same here, mine's perfect. Are you a massive Sweaty Betty?

Reactions: saucin

milke

Horology Curious
9/6/20
Well, as they say, "pics or it didn't happen".

Not a sweaty as a pig anyway

Look how the color gets transferred on a napkin. I am ok on the wrist now as I clean the strap but heres the proof.

I am not here to trash the product. I have one and paid 480$ on it. Just to let others know what happened to me.

f8c4a0f8422a4cadb8a1a155abfb9c21.jpg

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Wow! Something's definitely gone wrong with your strap, mine is absolutely not like that. It will be interesting to see if yours is a one off fault or an issue going forwards.

milke

Horology Curious
9/6/20
Wow! Something's definitely gone wrong with your strap, mine is absolutely not like that. It will be interesting to see if yours is a one off fault or an issue going forwards.

Will see. Just waiting others to check in here

GingerBubba

24/10/17
You paid $480!!! They're only $380ish. Do you have crazy shipping costs?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Not a sweaty as a pig anyway

Look how the color gets transferred on a napkin. I am ok on the wrist now as I clean the strap but heres the proof.

I am not here to trash the product. I have one and paid 480$ on it. Just to let others know what happened to me.

f8c4a0f8422a4cadb8a1a155abfb9c21.jpg

That is certainly unusual. So far you are the only one who's reported this phenomenon so I'm suspecting this might be a one-off.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
That is certainly unusual. So far you are the only one who's reported this phenomenon so I'm suspecting this might be a one-off.

I personally don’t “clean” my strap with leather cleaner. My straps also do not get filthy. I’d assume most don’t as well. Perhaps the issue is the cleaner is releasing due...?

milke

Horology Curious
9/6/20
I personally don’t “clean” my strap with leather cleaner. My straps also do not get filthy. I’d assume most don’t as well. Perhaps the issue is the cleaner is releasing due...?

No, i dont clean too. I clean it so will not release dye on my wrist. Never cleaned a strap too. I am not a moron :)). I will wear tomorrow again and see what happens. Already has 3 cleans done.

Hazing

9/5/19
Yeah let's see this "leather cleaner" and why are you using a leather cleaner on
.. What? A rubber strap?

I mean if it is not leather it is not absorbing or reacting with the "leather" the way its supposed to probably because it is not leather.

Reactions: m5smg2

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
After several weeks of constant wear of this watch the strap oriented observations are:

- there were not any problems with black color transfer from the strap to wrist
- the surface of the strap is already cut / broken at hole level, under the buckle

The buckle’s edge is not sharp enough to consider it being the culprit. So, besides nice look - it is just rep strap and I might consider purchasing of gen strap...

milke

Horology Curious
9/6/20
Yeah let's see this "leather cleaner" and why are you using a leather cleaner on
.. What? A rubber strap?

I mean if it is not leather it is not absorbing or reacting with the "leather" the way its supposed to probably because it is not leather.

What rubber ? Is 100% leather on the back of the strap as I metioned many times here and also others.

Hazing

9/5/19
What rubber ? Is 100% leather on the back of the strap as I metioned many times here and also others.

Ahh. Maybe that's it. If it's the rep factory strap, maybe the "leather" isn't real leather. I'm sure the labels and branding are unreliable in these cases. Just a guess.