• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF PAM1661 carbotech

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Personally I would ask if the TD will just cover fixing of the issues locally (partially or total depending on the cost). I once had a similar problem with a rep but the warranty had already lapsed so I just had it fixed locally for $20 or so. Beats the stress of waiting for the watch to arrive at the TD, then wait for the response of the factory (who will do the repair) and then wait for the watch to get back. Unless you're a very patient man or the TD insists that you ship the watch back for repair.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Best.Pam.Ever

So simple...
Dunno what I would charge.. Maybe the crystal
56813b032413b4705fcd766a98f4f2c7.jpg
6ad5bc9d54e2008b5aac26e06363db26.jpg
7b5c406b345518d5fbc08c60ec64d8d3.jpg
220a5186031adf1e40ed9ce8f572bc4b.jpg
19935065b5745d88ea31646cabeaf022.jpg
bae24d335e8e5d4f5624223588789a92.jpg
935b05e018c478721cd45acf124695df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Nothing specific...

Looks great but maybe an update would bring it closer to perfect...

Just my 2 cents

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Nothing specific...

Looks great but maybe an update would bring it closer to perfect...

Just my 2 cents

Is your automatic winder/rotor audible? I noticed mine is quite “loud”... the movement is working well and keeps great time, so I’m curious if this is normal for PAM movements or if there’s an underlying issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
No.. Not at all.. I didn't notice something like this...
Everything is running smooth and quiet... :)

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Is your automatic winder/rotor audible? I noticed mine is quite “loud”... the movement is working well and keeps great time, so I’m curious if this is normal for PAM movements or if there’s an underlying issue.

Mine was really loud, vibrating the whole watch if it spun fast, a proper little fidget spinner.

Loud rotors are not normal to Pams, they're not even normal to VSF; some watches are just noisy. A tiny dab of Molykote DX in the rotor bearings sorted mine and it's now silent and smooth.

Reactions: shaidx and saucin

doumstyle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
hello to all
to those who have this watch, the backlight color would be green or blue ?
Thank you

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Anyone familiar with working on /carbonceramic? My only gripe on this almost perfect watch is the crown guard. The edges are too sharp and it should be a lil softened/beveled. Tried on my old 441 but failed.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Anyone familiar with working on /carbonceramic? My only gripe on this almost perfect watch is the crown guard. The edges are too sharp and it should be a lil softened/beveled. Tried on my old 441 but failed.

How did you attempt to perform the softening on the crown guard? Both ceramic and carbotech materials are usually machined to the final shape (carbotech can also be extruded but that would not result in the pattern that's synonymous with the material). The tools would need to be designed for ultrahard machining if we are to believe the accuracy of replication of the material which are said to be at least 5 times harder than steel.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

They're all loud. Every thread in this section has a discussion on how loud the movement is straight out of the factory. Every model wih a rotor at least.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: saucin

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
It’s a very popular watch.. Just got an email prom Puretime that the watch is out of stock and will be back in stock in about 20 days.
The waiting game has begun... ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Got the same message from PureTime QC department. 20 days; less than a month, but feels like eternity.

Reactions: jeffah123

Gexwh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/20
Got mine from Trusty Time today.

It looks great but really disappointed with the movement.

The hands don’t line up, it’s 9 seconds fast every minute!!!!! and the seconds don’t stop with the crown pulled all the way out.

I got a rep IWC last month with no working chronograph. Bit jaded at the moment.

https://clickpix.org/image/Mfla4]
Mfla4.jpg
[/url]
I think it is a P9010 right? Your issue is easy to fix.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Mine was really loud, vibrating the whole watch if it spun fast, a proper little fidget spinner.

Loud rotors are not normal to Pams, they're not even normal to VSF; some watches are just noisy. A tiny dab of Molykote DX in the rotor bearings sorted mine and it's now silent and smooth.

Hahaha yes! Mine is EXACTLY like that, feels like a little fidget spinner... The rotor will sometimes just spins round and round. I thought there was something wrong with the automatic winding mechanism, but I guess it's just the watch? Since it sounds like you had the same issue, I'm going to go ahead and try the Molykote DX on the bearings. Thanks for the info!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Hahaha yes! Mine is EXACTLY like that, feels like a little fidget spinner... The rotor will sometimes just spins round and round. I thought there was something wrong with the automatic winding mechanism, but I guess it's just the watch? Since it sounds like you had the same issue, I'm going to go ahead and try the Molykote DX on the bearings. Thanks for the info!

Find a tutorial on here first if you haven't done it before, but it's easy. A tiny amount off molykote is all you need.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Find a tutorial on here first if you haven't done it before, but it's easy. A tiny amount off molykote is all you need.

I just ordered the Molly and I’ll be sure to check out a tutorial. Thanks again. Hope it does the trick!

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
How did you attempt to perform the softening on the crown guard? Both ceramic and carbotech materials are usually machined to the final shape (carbotech can also be extruded but that would not result in the pattern that's synonymous with the material). The tools would need to be designed for ultrahard machining if we are to believe the accuracy of replication of the material which are said to be at least 5 times harder than steel.

Tried with deburring tools, deburring stone and even sand paper lmao. Hardly did anything on the ceramic crown and i was too afraid of cracking it. And yea, even if i managed to bevel, the finishing would still not be identical to the original texture.

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
If anyone has one up for sale please let me know:)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI