• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai - Stallone story as we know it was BS?

pimsis

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/15
you mean the one with wrong case back?
they actually had a couple of fake pams on their webpage a year ago. When I emailed them about it they didn’t responded and kept those two fake watches on their webpage.

Yes, with the wrong caseback... Incredible. They either just don’t care or they... either just don’t care.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
He was very well known for being an HF member who was involved in a project regarding the production of movement bridges that could convert cortebert movements into rolex 618.
then all of a sudden he turned against the project and forum, denying his involvement, and started to share his investigations on vintage watches on 'Risti. It all went well until he decided to put in doubt Ehlers and Wiegmann's reputation (they're the guys who wrote the vintage Panerai books - a bible essentially) and as it was not enough he also questioned authenticity of one of the most famous 6154, owned by one of the most known and respected paneristi members.
At that point his real identity was exposed and he rejected his link to the homage community and focused on his nice website.
Lately he put up a crusade against the Rinaldi's and a well known vintage rolex opinionist (I think his name was ocho-something). The two guys went very low in their exposing each other, a disgusting show that included private life pics.

All in all his investigations are interesting but his findings are to be taken with a grain of salt. The guy has no respect for others and deserve the same imho

Oh yes, the great Jose Pereztroika. The Panerai crusader and Weimaraners lover. And Rinaldi's "The Ship" story is one of the greatest reads for PAnerai enthusiasts.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Yes, with the wrong caseback... Incredible. They either just don’t care or they... either just don’t care.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

To me it seem they don’t care. I emailed them about it and they completely ignored it.
They know exactly what they are doing. I wish more people call them out on selling fakes.

Octobrist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/19
Baetica
if you start reading perezcope website it will destroy many myths, so be careful

That's true.
Discovered the blog a month ago and I have to say that it's like a hammer in the paneristi myths. I knew that a big amount of marketing was the key to the brand's succes in early 2000's, but really I didn't know how BIG was. Not only big, also plenty of half trues or, directly, lies.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
He was very well known for being an HF member who was involved in a project regarding the production of movement bridges that could convert cortebert movements into rolex 618.
then all of a sudden he turned against the project and forum, denying his involvement, and started to share his investigations on vintage watches on 'Risti. It all went well until he decided to put in doubt Ehlers and Wiegmann's reputation (they're the guys who wrote the vintage Panerai books - a bible essentially) and as it was not enough he also questioned authenticity of one of the most famous 6154, owned by one of the most known and respected paneristi members.
At that point his real identity was exposed and he rejected his link to the homage community and focused on his nice website.
Lately he put up a crusade against the Rinaldi's and a well known vintage rolex opinionist (I think his name was ocho-something). The two guys went very low in their exposing each other, a disgusting show that included private life pics.

All in all his investigations are interesting but his findings are to be taken with a grain of salt. The guy has no respect for others and deserve the same imho

Thanks for sharing, very informative.

Reactions: Carbonara