• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM968 VSF

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
When we're all (well most of us) cooped up, our minds tend to do some traveling on their own. Stay safe buddy. :)

We can tell with all that talk of a private jet full of virgins. But personally, virginity is over rated. So are private jets. I’d much prefer the Grand Presidential Villa full of girls who have an appropriate amount of experience being deflowered... and defiled for that matter. You can even mix in a few who have done some defiling themselves (and not to themselves).

Reactions: nalomb

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
We can tell with all that talk of a private jet full of virgins. But personally, virginity is over rated. So are private jets. I’d much prefer the Grand Presidential Villa full of girls who have an appropriate amount of experience being deflowered... and defiled for that matter. You can even mix in a few who have done some defiling themselves (and not to themselves).

:lol: That's an old joke stemming from someone trying to tack on special shipping costs to a sales thread.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
The 382 on Puretime is 448$ and you still have to add shipping and potential fees depending on the payment method. That’s close or even over 500$ if you buy with triangle to EU. The 968 will have a similar price.

furthermore, somebody said “hopefully the factories will not overcharge this one”. Hmm, dealers are the ones that add their profit on “hot” items, it will be the same with this one. Nothing against that, just saying..

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The 382 on Puretime is 448$ and you still have to add shipping and potential fees depending on the payment method. That’s close or even over 500$ if you buy with triangle to EU. The 968 will have a similar price.

furthermore, somebody said “hopefully the factories will not overcharge this one”. Hmm, dealers are the ones that add their profit on “hot” items, it will be the same with this one. Nothing against that, just saying..

Again, when we're talking about watch prices, we don't add shipping. Shipping costs vary from location to location and shipping mode (airmail or express, direct or triangle). If you're in China, you even get free shipping (last time I checked).

The PAM382 Bronzo uses a P.9000 Superclone movement. The PAM968 Brownzo will most likely use an A7750 movement with P.9010 decorative plates as this has a display caseback and aesthetics will come first (the P.9000 looks different from the P.9010, leaving aside the difference in balance wheel location). That's why I think the price will be closer to the PAM671 than the PAM382. Now if it had a closed caseback, the factories would probably use the Superclone P.9000 to justify pricing it closer to the PAM382. Anyway, we're all just speculating here in the peanut gallery. Let's see when the watch is finally released. :D

@(^_^)@

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/19
green dial and the patina

pic from internet https://www.mystypic.com/p/2292494131422705701

PCKX3.jpg

PChbs.jpg

PCAUY.jpg

PCLQD.jpg

PCeRk.jpg

Last edited:

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Again, when we're talking about watch prices, we don't add shipping. Shipping costs vary from location to location and shipping mode (airmail or express, direct or triangle). If you're in China, you even get free shipping (last time I checked).

We don’t talk about shipping prices? For sure we do, we don’t factor them in the price of the watch in case we list it in the m2m section. I’m speaking/commenting about how much it will cost to get one of these with all the extra costs on top of the dealer asking price depending on location. You cannot close your eyes about them.

Prices of reps have been rising through the years justified by the quality level. Keep in mind that these days VSF remained the only factory making new PAM models. Bronze PAM are being “hot” items in both gen and rep world, for sure the factory knows that and will charge us in the “appropriate” way.

Hopefully we will see this one soon so we know how much it will be sold for by TDs.

BTW last time I checked if you go knock on door of the factory outlet you can get one of these with 50% discount, however you have to be in China and know the address of the factory outlet :D

Reactions: KOT1917

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
We don’t talk about shipping prices? For sure we do, we don’t factor them in the price of the watch in case we list it in the m2m section. I’m speaking/commenting about how much it will cost to get one of these with all the extra costs on top of the dealer asking price depending on location. You cannot close your eyes about them.

Prices of reps have been rising through the years justified by the quality level. Keep in mind that these days VSF remained the only factory making new PAM models. Bronze PAM are being “hot” items in both gen and rep world, for sure the factory knows that and will charge us in the “appropriate” way.

Hopefully we will see this one soon so we know how much it will be sold for by TDs.

BTW last time I checked if you go knock on door of the factory outlet you can get one of these with 50% discount, however you have to be in China and know the address of the factory outlet :D

It would be far too confusing if everyone injected their own personal shipping estimate in the discussion. Not even members in the same location could have the same price if one preferred EMS and another preferred DHL and still another preferred some other courier. Just so mostly everyone is on the same page. Except for those who are in China and know where the location of the factory is, of course (before anyone bombards me with PMs, I am not one of them :lol: ). ;)

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Sorry but I disagree bud. There is something amazing about the green dial and the patina that gets built on the bronze overtime. Unfortunately the 968 would look horrible with the patina.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Taste and colors...

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Taste and colors...

Green and brown do look horrible together...wait, trees. :lol:

But it's true, it's all down to personal taste. If someone doesn't like the watch for any reason at all, they can always, I don't know, not buy it? :D

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Green and brown do look horrible together...wait, trees. :lol:

But it's true, it's all down to personal taste. If someone doesn't like the watch for any reason at all, they can always, I don't know, not buy it? :D

Mysterio... legendary wisdom purveyor.... how are you ? Hope all is ok for you and family during those times... science fiction became reality brother... we will go through this !

take care

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Mysterio... legendary wisdom purveyor.... how are you ? Hope all is ok for you and family during those times... science fiction became reality brother... we will go through this !

take care

Taking things one day at a time, like most people. Yeah, it's surreal as we've never seen anything like this in our lifetime. Take care brother.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
The ceramic insert won't tarnish with time, and could be at odds with a full blown green patina.

I'd like to see a V3 671 (I failed to buy the V2), a fantasy black dial 47mm bronzo, or a 42mm blue or black bronzo.

VSF will release another version of 671.

Cloudzex

2/6/20
Victoria
Damn, have been browsing all the 47mm submersible like crazy for the last few days and almost settled on a 1389 or some carbotechs. What makes it worse is that the dark green shell cordovan strap I ordered for my 5 year old 382 has just arrived ! Would take some nice bronze over titanium/carbon fiber for a diver any day.

Cloudzex

2/6/20
Victoria
Never have a bronze watch before but this one looks irresistible. Lol

Some concerns for me.

How heavy is it? I had VSF 389 and sold it due to weight. Look like this one seems to be the heaviest submersible PAM right?
Broze usually keeps developing patina. If we are satisfied with patina, can we stop the patina? . Anyway to seal or coat it?

Personally I find the 47mm submersible to be rather unnoticeable for it's size. I owned a 382 and several 45mm pam models and the weight difference is negligible to be honest. The easiest way to stop or to get rid of the patina is to rub it with ketchup. This method was told long ago by a non TD here.