• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM968 VSF

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
And every morning I get annoyed that the message alert is simply people blabbering versus an actual update

Reactions: Rufctr2 and Olavmol

Mrpong

15/9/19
Never have a bronze watch before but this one looks irresistible. Lol

Some concerns for me.

How heavy is it? I had VSF 389 and sold it due to weight. Look like this one seems to be the heaviest submersible PAM right?
Broze usually keeps developing patina. If we are satisfied with patina, can we stop the patina? . Anyway to seal or coat it?

Last edited:

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo

Some concerns for me.

How heavy is it? I had VSF 389 and sold it due to weight. Look like this one seems to be the heaviest submersible PAM right?
Broze usually keeps developing patina. If we are satisfied with patina, can we stop the patina? . Anyway to seal or coat it?

This will likely be close to the same weight as the other bronzos (382 and 671). The only difference I see is the bezel. There may be a little less bronze material to accommodate that, but I doubt enough to be noticeable.

There is toms of info out there as far as developing patina and how to slow it down. I have heard that beeswax will work, but have never tried it.

Reactions: Mrpong

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
any news on the brownzo?

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation

Some concerns for me.

According to rep pam weights, in a recent topic, pam382 weighs ~ 168 g without a belt. Pam968, as rightly noted above, will be a little easier, due to the slightly thinner body and ceramic on the frame. In any case, it will be heavier than any titanium submersible, but not so critical. I believe that weight is part of the charm and features of this model with material such as appearance.

Reactions: Mrpong

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
I’ll try to message you today night when I get home.
VSF 671 looks good except for minute hand - inaccurate shape of minute hand.
I’ve been told it’s already out.

This one is totally wrong... wrong indices, wrong hour and minute hands, and wrong blue, wrong bezel amd bezel markers, it's a low version of 671.

Enviado de meu SM-N975F usando o Tapatalk

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
This one is totally wrong... wrong indices, wrong hour and minute hands, and wrong blue, wrong bezel amd bezel markers, it's a low version of 671.

Blue color should be the same as XF - they are using same leftovers dials. I think they will do new printing on the dial but the color will be same as XF. On top of that that pic is probably just a prototype.
ive been told it’s released then I’ve been told that it’s not out yet so who knows, maybe they are refinancing it.

Reactions: replikmaster

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Blue color should be the same as XF - they are using same leftovers dials. I think they will do new printing on the dial but the color will be same as XF. On top of that that pic is probably just a prototype.
ive been told it’s released then I’ve been told that it’s not out yet so who knows, maybe they are refinancing it.
Hope so, there are a few problems with the dial on this one, apart from the minute hand. The gap between the markers at 12 o'clock seems fractionally too big too, to my eyes. But hell, let's see! Always space for another bronzo (or two...)

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: replikmaster

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
Hope so, there are a few problems with the dial on this one, apart from the minute hand. The gap between the markers at 12 o'clock seems fractionally too big too, to my eyes. But hell, let's see! Always space for another bronzo (or two...)

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Regardimg the 12 o'clock markers, It's not the gap, it's the size, and size of all markers, minute AND hour hand. They used the parts of the original bronzo, the green dial, that has thinner markers and hands.

Last edited:

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
Look the correct markers, hands, bezel and bezel markers
8aa895edb39b14fd59fc76eb1cebfffc.jpg

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I'll be pulling the trigger on a Gen strap for that too! Of course pending the quality of the rep, but VSF quality has been decent of late so shouldn't be an issue.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Twice weekly bump... VSF released the 1661 hopefully this next!!