• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 438 VSF V2 GMT function?

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Hi everyone,

I just got a 438 Tuttonero VSF V2 on M2M (spotless and gorgeous!).

It comes with the rep full black P9001/B movement, I don't know much about it and I have 2 questions :

- I can't set date and GMT independently, only the hour hand can be set alone in 2nd crown position, thus allowing me to flip dates and move the GMT hand. The time is set normally in 3rd position as usual, no problem.

-the GMT hand seem to not work by itself, it moves along with the hour hand only. All in all, let's say there is no real GMT function on the watch.

The watch keeps great time but is the non functioning GMT normal with this rep movement ?

Thank you all for the infos.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
1) it's like on the gen, so once you set it put on a winder, it's a pain setting time, you need to align GMT and hour hand first, set date and time, then adjust timezone
2) to be precise it's a 12H GMT not a 24H GMT as per gen, the V1 had 24H GMT which was an immediate tell.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
mskwatch thank you for the infos, so this is why the GMT hand actually moves at same pace than hour hand right?

Last edited:

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
mskwatch thank you for the infos, so this is why the GMT hand actually moves at same pace than hour hand right?

that is correct, enjoy! By the way I have a 438 incoming as well, need to pick up the post, hopefully today or tomorrow

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
It is a gorgeous watch really, I like it even more now that I know the GMT works OK on it's 12h cycle ;)

Last edited:

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
It is a gorgeous watch really, I like it even more now that I know the GMT works OK on it's 12h cycle ;)

I put it on my wrist now, quite surprised by the fit, thought it would be heavier. It's really gorgeous..

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Same feeling : the mat black color and the bracelet give an expectation of a heavy watch in pictures, but this model is incredibly confortable on the wrist.

Not being a fan of metal bracelets I'll put a leather strap on later today and post Pic.

Cheers