• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on decasing P.9000 from 388 case

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Hi PAMxperts!

I've been searching for this info online and here (all morning!) with no success. :)

I need to remove the movement from a VSF PAM 388 Black Seal. Having removed the caseback, I found the layout a little confusing, compared to the Roleys I'm more used to breaking. There's a nicely turned outer ring - but what I need to do to remove it and get at the movement tabs isn't obvious. If anyone could give me a hint or point me at a guide to disassembling this model, I'd really appreciate it. Here's a pic of what I need to deal with:

OILBY.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
A little more detail on my motivation here, in case (ho ho) anyone's interested... I need to investigate and remove/fix a small bead of... something - gasket, or glue, or filament, or whatnot, that's apparent just under the crystal here:

O9QeS.png

O9ltQ.png

Having decided to sell the PAM yesterday, I started taking some pics for a sale thread when I noticed this little problem. I don't want to try and sell the watch with the flaw, so I thought I'd sort it out. The issue was there when I bought the watch M2M here a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't notice it in the seller's pics at the time, even though it could be seen clearly in them. Oh well...

So, to clarify how I could approach this - I either want to get the movement out and attend to the problem through the case, or alternatively remove the bezel and crystal and take a look at it (I'm assuming the bezel assembly is a press-fit). But as I've done neither of these things to this model or style of watch before, I would really appreciate any advice that I can get, before I go and arse it up.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks mysterio. Sorry, I meant to post "Sorted cheers!" here, but then forgot to. I asked the question over in the tech/repairs section and got some handy hints that helped me on my way.

Grimlocktime

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
Maybe Grimlocktime can help you. He's done many builds, probably one of them is using the P.9000 movement.

Thanks for tagging me. I have indeed done many of these builds but never with the 388 case. It looks to be a tight pressure fit. You probably just need to remove the stem and slowly work it out.

p0pperini that 388 looks incredible. Do they still sell that model? It seems like VSF has moved on to the strange looking subs.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks for tagging me. I have indeed done many of these builds but never with the 388 case. It looks to be a tight pressure fit. You probably just need to remove the stem and slowly work it out. p0pperini that 388 looks incredible. Do they still sell that model? It seems like VSF has moved on to the strange looking subs.
Hey Grimlocktime thanks for replying. As you'll see from the post following mysterio's, I got this fixed. And yes, it was just a pressure fit (with a rubber friction gasket) so once the crown was removed the movement just dropped out.

Thanks for saying it looks incredible. I was planning on selling it - but now I'm having second thoughts... :)

What "strange looking Subs" are VSF doing? I'm not aware of those.