• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need Help.. Anyone Can Help To Repair Panerai Dial??

Luxuriouzicon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/12
Hello..
Can Anyone help me to give suggestion or reference where i can repair my panerai dial??

Where i can find Dial Master??

The Problem is :
- light scratch at sub second area
- small ding between the 1 - 2 index area

Because someone reference me to the classicwatch repair at HK.. The solution is they will spray matte clear coat over the dial.. and the LUMINOR MARINA PANERAI letter also will have matte finish not Gloss like previous..

Please help me to fix it..
Most Appreaciate it..

Thanks in advance..

Grimlocktime

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
Hard to find this dial.. if possible to get the new one, i want it..

I have repaired issues like this many times.

Gen Panerai dials like the one you have are not Matte finished. They are bead blasted brass, anodized, and have a slight shimmer to them.

I use Tamiya TS-79 semi gloss spray. Very high quality product, I love it. I do not recommend any other brand, I have tried many and they all are terrible in comparison and frankly have ruined a few personal projects for me.

You will be amazed how the surface scratches vanish with just a light coat of spray. And you will not really notice the gloss lettering being more dull.

for those attempting to try this, get dial dial as clean and dust free as possible, then cover it on your work space. Make sure you heat the can in hot tap water for about 2 or 3 minutes. (not boiling, don’t go dropping it pot with the flame on high) shake for a full 30-60 seconds, spray the dial in 3 or 4 passes 8-10 inches away. Pretend you are trying to spray paint the letter “X” to get a nice even coat on all the dial contours.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

Gen Panerai dials like the one you have are not Matte finished. They are bead blasted brass, anodized, and have a slight shimmer to them.

I use Tamiya TS-79 semi gloss spray. Very high quality product, I love it. I do not recommend any other brand, I have tried many and they all are terrible in comparison and frankly have ruined a few personal projects for me.

You will be amazed how the surface scratches vanish with just a light coat of spray. And you will not really notice the gloss lettering being more dull.

for those attempting to try this, get dial dial as clean and dust free as possible, then cover it on your work space. Make sure you heat the can in hot tap water for about 2 or 3 minutes. (not boiling, don’t go dropping it pot with the flame on high) shake for a full 30-60 seconds, spray the dial in 3 or 4 passes 8-10 inches away. Pretend you are trying to spray paint the letter “X” to get a nice even coat on all the dial contours.

How long is the drying time ?

Luxuriouzicon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/12

Ahh Great!! Will send you a PM.. Thanks..