• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 985 crystal sapphire?

Twinny

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/11/18
EU
Hi guys,
I‘ve the 984 since two months and it seems to me, that the crystal isn‘t a sapphire. The crystal has slight scratches.
What‘s your experience?
Greetz Twin

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I had a lot of used sapphire watches and it was often scratched. I myself scratched a mineral a few times. From which I conclude that it all depends on the operation and absolutely everything can be scratched. At the same time, a special device is needed to determine the material of the glass. Everything else is more meaningful. Nevertheless, if the TD indicates sapphire in the material, I am inclined to believe them, because if this were not so, there would be participants who actually checked this statement.

Twinny

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/11/18
EU
Thank you for your opinion. I‘m a little bit confused, because my other ones with sapphire (111,127,572) have not these slight scratches. Nevertheless it‘s a beautyfull watch and I have can live with the scratches.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
By the way, 127 is the most fun to scratch. The dome simply requires to encircle everything around you. It seems to me that the habit of wearing a watch has made me a generally more accurate person. is, you didn’t even pay attention, how did you get them? In your last sentence, the most important.

Twinny

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/11/18
EU
I don‘t know, how I get the scratches, cause I‘m very accurate with my waches. So what...

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
If you objectively need to know the answer, you need a hardness tester. In everything else, subjective, it remains only to be more careful than before and try not to pay attention to scratches.I have nothing more to add, but, perhaps, one of the members who checked their replicas for the correspondence of the crystal material to the stated one will add to the discussion?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
How bad are the scratches? If they're small, rub some toothpaste on the crystal in small circles an then wipe it off. Regardless of the size of them it will improve the physical appearance of the scratches/crystal.

If they're small enough, they could end up virtually invisible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk