• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM Fish Eye glass

Hemaniaco

Known Member
21/10/19
Good morning guys

I have a newbie question about the fish eye glass present on the submersibles.

I've read on some threads that is something factory's dont really care apparently.

Probably all watches I have fit the same glass but not sure. 389, 382, 719, 961.

My question is if there an "easy" way to fix it, maybe gen glass? Probably expensive or even impossible... or some other options.

Waiting for your opinion and advice

Thanks

Blshh

Renowned Member
2/6/19
I compared my 616 with my friend's 616( gen) there are same fish eye effect .

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Good morning guys

I have a newbie question about the fish eye glass present on the submersibles.

I've read on some threads that is something factory's dont really care apparently.

Probably all watches I have fit the same glass but not sure. 389, 382, 719, 961.

My question is if there an "easy" way to fix it, maybe gen glass? Probably expensive or even impossible... or some other options.

Waiting for your opinion and advice

Thanks

I believe its just referencing this years submersible line up, the older Gens had it and the reps were accurate in that regard, the new reps for this years line up has a very slight effect whereas the Gens don't appear to. However no-one has done a side by side comparison yet, the effect is only from extreme angles though. I don't think its a great worry tbh.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The fish eye is not only present on old sumbersibles but also other PAM reps. Newer models have no such effect. I have not seen anyone try replacing the crystal yet but that's because the fish eye was also found in gens so no need to replace them. Here's a video showing a gen PAM569 (old) and PAM1305 (new).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hemaniaco

Hemaniaco

Known Member
21/10/19
Thank you very much for the help guys.

So there is no need to be worried about it then

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thank you very much for the help guys.

So there is no need to be worried about it then

I don't see how the fish eye effect would be a problem. Unless you're trying to pass them off as gen, then that's a completely different discussion.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Personally I love a bit of fish eye effect, I think it looks super cool!