• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"SWAN NECK" (Part II) - Does it work in replicas?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Well, I have a Fiddy in this situation:
11.2 - MICROMETRIC SCREW MS WITHOUT SUFFICIENT LENGTH

In this case, and in every case that we want to fix it, what do you suggest to do? It is possible to change the swan neck device with a more functional one? Or, is it possible to find a "workaround" just for "cosmetic" reason?

Hi hizack
Some pics would be interesting.
Anyway, surelly it is not worth to touch your watch, because the Swan Neck will never be functional throughout his working field.
It is no easy to find a new MS screw longer, to have more cosmetical look.
If you need to regulate the watch, follow the indications on sections 16.1 and 16.2.
Unfortunately you cannot make more.
Fortunately you don't need making more, because the Swan Neck will not interfere the working of your watch. And cosmetically it is very difficult to see the issues.
Don't worry about and enjoy your Fiddy !!!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
No problem mate !!
icon7.gif

Sincerely I think that nowadays it is not possible from an economic point of view to have this mvmt in replica world.

For information to people don't know P9000, some links below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGStlqONeI

http://www.thetimetv.com/news-officine-panerai-presents-the-movements-p.9000-374-58

Panerai watches fitted with P9000
PAM312 Luminor 1950 3 Days AutomaticPAM328 Luminor 1950 3 Days Automatic
PAM305 Luminor 1950 Submersible 3 Days Automatic
PAM359 Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic
PAM352 Luminor 1950 Marina
PAM351 Luminor 1950 Marina 3 Days Automatic
PAM386 Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic Composite
PAM382 Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic Bronzo

Marvelous example of complex engineering .... I love the Omega Co-Axial for the same reason .. the design of the movement! .. Thanks for posting this thread!!

hizack

Patron
Certified
12/1/09
Italy
Ok.. I will enjoy my fiddy :)
I just have to try to not look very close to the Swan neck.. ahahahah...

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Marvelous example of complex engineering .... I love the Omega Co-Axial for the same reason .. the design of the movement! .. Thanks for posting this thread!!

You are welcome
I'm happy you have enjoyed reading it

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ok.. I will enjoy my fiddy :)
I just have to try to not look very close to the Swan neck.. ahahahah...

Hi hizack
Don't worry, I have the same problem with my new PAM111 Noob.
I have received the QC pics and the secrew is rather short (about 75% of working field) :facepalm:
But I have accepted it !! Because it is almost correct from a cosmetical point of view.
Perhaps the new PAM has the Swan Neck spring over the regulator lever or have no screw or the Spring deformed....
Besides I'm a little bored after seeing more Swan Neck than any member of the forum writing the two Swan Neck threads !!! LOL
Therefore, no problems, we cannot be very analytic in these cases.
I will enjoy it too !! And, of course, I will never look at my Swan Neck!! LOL

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
SWAN NECK of my own PAM111 - ALE7575

Please find below the SWAN NECK pic of my own new PAM111 from Noob factory.

As you can easily see, it has an evident SHORT Micrometric Screw and the tip of the screw doesn’t touch the Regulator Lever because the SWAN NECK spring doesn't have enough elasticity.

Obviously, I had received this pic from my dealer before shipment, and I have accepted it in order to illustrate all above written about SWAN NECK faults.

No problem for my watch !! LOL

:facepalm: :facepalm:

SWANNECKOFMYPAM111.jpg

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
On your watch Ale, the screw is too short and the swan neck doesn't have enough elasticity for the pressing of the dagger? So both screw and swan neck would need changing to get up to gen or some replica standards-am I correct in my assessment? BTW thanks so much for your diligent work to make RWI a truly unique and informative place....

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
On your watch Ale, the screw is too short and the swan neck doesn't have enough elasticity for the pressing of the dagger? So both screw and swan neck would need changing to get up to gen or some replica standards-am I correct in my assessment? BTW thanks so much for your diligent work to make RWI a truly unique and informative place....

Many thanks for your kind words

Exactly my watch need those mods. Humm.... Well, it needed, because I have already given it to a friend many time ago... LOL...

ALE

kkylp

Horology Curious
11/5/14
Really enjoyed your informative and awesome write-up.
Kudos to you ALE..

Thanks

HUGI

Known Member
24/9/09
AHAHAHA!!! Couldn't be better!!! Here in Brazil we look to such a thing and exclaim: puta que pariu!!!

Ale, you are a Master!!! Very nice writting and one of the best posts I've ever seen!

Please accept my congratulations!!!

Você e da Minas ne? rsrsrs

rhaug

Known Member
25/8/15
What an incredible piece of research, great to geek out over as a newcomer.

A bit of a shame that this mod is for decoration only, and can't be expected to work in most cases. I'm wondering if there'll come a time when producing the correct swan neck "springs" will be cheap and easy enough to be viable? It seems that many things in watch making have come down in terms of cost, just look at all those chinese tourbillons floating around.

Markusf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/16
I tried taking a hublot apart and had one of those springs fly out at me. Word of warning if you are taking any movement apart watch out for the small torque springs!

FrantzFR

Horology Curious
9/6/19
Hi
I just purchased a PAM111 with a forum member
Noob V4
The watch is in perfect cosmetic condition.
But there is an issue : time is not accurate.
It gains 3 minutes per 24 hours.
let's see the pictures...
Micrometic Screw, swan neck spring problems ?
Is it an easy way to fix it ?
Thanks for your help

1563189320-img-3308.jpg

1563189320-img-3309.png