• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEED HELP- VSF PAM683

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlmich

Horology Curious
9/11/19
Hey Guys/Gals

I am a new member and have traditionally owned gen watches. Recently purchased my first two rep’s a VSF PAM683 and a NOOB V2 50th Anniversary Rolex SD43 both from InTimeWatches. The PAM just arrived and looks amazing but.... something is not right with the movement. When you slightly move/rotate the watch it starts to make a very very loud and distinct rubbing or grinding noise. Never have I heard anything like it. Was hoping to start a discussion to find out if this is normal or should I raise the issue with INTIMEWATCHES or just get general guidance. Please help, thank you!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
How come the new members almost always traditionally only own gen?

Rlmich

Horology Curious
9/11/19
Probably because we have run out of money after a few purchases of $5,000-$20,000 and we want to stay married but still love watches and then we come across a forum like this when looking for a review of another watch we want but can’t afford. That aside, anything useful to offer in terms of advice?

Rlmich

Horology Curious
9/11/19
I guess I am confused here. Do I need to start a separate post showing pictures of my gen watches before anyone has anything helpful to say? Never had a problem like this with a gen watch.

Reactions: miscusi

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Hard to say without hearing it, but you can try lubricating the rotor a drop of oil like moebius (or any watch oil). If that doesnt solve it then you may need to have it serviced. If thats the case, you can reach out to Ryan/InTime and see what the options are. You may need to send it back to China (risky) or perhaps they can help with the cost of a local watchsmith service (I dont know what their policy is for handling post-sale issues, but they should have a warranty-ish policy), but first I'd try oiling the rotor.

Hazing

9/5/19
I guess I am confused here. Do I need to start a separate post showing pictures of my gen watches before anyone has anything helpful to say? Never had a problem like this with a gen watch.

You mean the $5,000 to $20,000 watches all wok perfectly when you picked them up from the AD/boutique and had a sales manager check it out for you, size it for you, set the time and the date for you, and showed you how to wind it?

Look at the newb and his fancy “boutiques” over here.

Rlmich

Horology Curious
9/11/19
Wow, I really don’t get the attitude towards a new member asking for help. And yes, when you buy a gen watch that is how it works and the movement never makes noises. Is your goal to not have any new members here? Fuck you!

Reactions: miscusi

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Rlmich lol dont worry about people in here. Alot of haters and broke people in here buying watches. I make a lot of money, have a few nice gen watches - but im all about rep watches now. Dont need to prove anything to the haters in here. Alot of salt in this form, but alot of good people and great info too.

Reactions: airbowatch

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
btw. that sound you're hearing.. is probably the wonderful sound of a Miyota movement lol. You can get most of them silenced and it COULD help significantly. Not 100% guarenteed, but worth the 25$ for trying.

Hazing

9/5/19
Rlmich lol dont worry about people in here. Alot of haters and broke people in here buying watches. I make a lot of money, have a few nice gen watches - but im all about rep watches now. Dont need to prove anything to the haters in here. Alot of salt in this form, but alot of good people and great info too.
Don’t be a tool, tool. He didn’t receive 1 second of hate. He should have warned us that he was on the rag and this way everyone knows to stay away.

Reactions: rcom440

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Hazing salty crew up in here. Instead of welcoming people to RWI it seems all the new kids on the block get a bunch of hate from those who have been here longer. I dont get it - but whatever makes you happy.

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
My advice - get it serviced and ask for rotor silencing. You are almost definitely hearing the rotor. If you like the watch enough it’s definitely worth the 100ish dollars and will prolong the life of the rep.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I had a fantastic experience when I bought my gen BB GMT....its definitely a different experience from getting a rep in the mail. You pay for it though...

Hazing

9/5/19
Hazing salty crew up in here. Instead of welcoming people to RWI it seems all the new kids on the block get a bunch of hate from those who have been here longer. I dont get it - but whatever makes you happy.

I think you’re confusing 1)not-rushing-in to answer a question I don’t have the answer to and don’t care to answer, and 2)not repeating an answer that has already been given (by preppy), with hate and saltiness. People who write moronic posts make me laugh. I’m not covering up my laugh to spare your feelings.

Not to mention, how rude is of it to get your question answered and flip out/storm out because... why? Because everyone didn’t answer it? gfy. Why do we have to tolerate rudeness from the new guys but god forbid someone gets less than total and complete attention and it’s the “regulars being salty”. I don’t work here. I think that you’re confusing me with the guy he bought the watch from. Lol.

And I had questions so I asked them. These guys come in here and ask 1 question... rudely... demanding answers IMMEDIATELY and because we don’t give this guy a blow job and a smile were... what did you say? We’re Broke haters? I ask 1 question and you call me names. I see a trend here. I know you make a lot of money (how do I know? Because you so subtly mentioned it.) While making all that money, you should have learned how to read people. This guy has never read a thread in here and he’ll never be back unless it’s to complain about something. You idiots put these stupid lines in your posts, I make a passing comment as I have a laugh at your expense and it’s my fault that he storms out of here in a sensitive mood. Yeah ok. Grow tf up.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Hazing I think you were a bit harsh mate, OP just wanted some advice regarding his purchase. He didn’t ask who has the best sub .. LOL, in which case you can have at them.

Rlmich You can contact Ryan at Intime but all he can really do is have you send it back and repair it there. I would not recommend sending a watch back to China. I believe the movement in the VSF 683 is the P9000 clone, it might be as simple as oiling the rotor but it not a bad idea to just get it serviced and silenced at the same time. Either way you won’t know until either you open it or send it to someone for service.

Good luck to you.

Hazing

9/5/19
Rawbe oh stop. you’re out of your mind, dude. Lol.
How come the new members almost always traditionally only own gen?

I literally used his words and just put a question mark at the end. That is in no way hash. I think you’re confusing his over reaction with my comment. If you want harsh, see my response to Tgz.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Hazing I am not out of my mind friend.

In your comment to Tgz you said “He didn’t receive 1 second of hate. He should have warned us that he was on the rag and this way everyone knows to stay away.”

You’re in his thread where he is just asking for advice, no need to be aggressive, demeaning, or taunt him for owning a “fancy boutique” watch.

Either way I have no skin in this so do as you wish, just pointing out how it looks to a third party.

Cheers, hope you have a nice day.

Reactions: Hazing

Interesting

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
:sport_boxing: lol. OP needs to relax. They are just having some fun with you. Maybe it might have been helpful to leave out the "I usually by gen" n gbit. Some might construe it as unnecessary boasting. Many here own gens and reps, and for pretty much same reasons too.
Like gens, if watch makes funny noises, go see a watch doctor. Usually can be fixed. Like gens, reps also have movements,wheels, pins, rotors etc, Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.