• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEED HELP- VSF PAM683

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hey Guys/Gals

I am a new member and have traditionally owned gen watches. Recently purchased my first two rep’s a VSF PAM683 and a NOOB V2 50th Anniversary Rolex SD43 both from InTimeWatches. The PAM just arrived and looks amazing but.... something is not right with the movement. When you slightly move/rotate the watch it starts to make a very very loud and distinct rubbing or grinding noise. Never have I heard anything like it. Was hoping to start a discussion to find out if this is normal or should I raise the issue with INTIMEWATCHES or just get general guidance. Please help, thank you!

I’m sure that’s just the rotor. Some of these rep movements are dry and dirty. There are some tutorials/threads on RWI about greasing/oiling the rotor. If you’re not comfortable doing it yourself find a watchsmith or vendor to do it for you. It’s a cheap fix.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Rawbe yeah, all that was after he flipped out. And ... as I mentioned... the harsh comments were directed to others.

Anyway, I understand what you’re saying and appreciate your input. :thumbup: I’ll be sure to be more kind and gentle around people who well never see again.

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Hazing you sound like a small, overly sensitive, insecure man with a 5.75 inch wrist.

Hazing

9/5/19
Hazing you sound like a small, overly sensitive, insecure man with a 5.75 inch wrist.

Lol. You spend a lot of time thinking and talking about the size of peoples.... things. Wrists, egos, wallets, and god knows what else. I see why you like Panerai. While I’m flattered that you’re thinking about them and picturing them, I’m going to have to politely decline your advances.

Reactions: rcom440

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Lol. You spend a lot of time thinking and talking about the size of peoples.... things. Wrists, egos, wallets, and god knows what else. I see why you like Panerai. While I’m flattered that you’re thinking about them and picturing them, I’m going to have to politely decline your advances.

Don’t even respond to Tgz’s nonsense.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
btw. that sound you're hearing.. is probably the wonderful sound of a Miyota movement lol. You can get most of them silenced and it COULD help significantly. Not 100% guarenteed, but worth the 25$ for trying.

Pam683 doesn't have a Miyota movement ? The mobius oil mod for the Miyota 9015 is a placebo . The movement is noisy because it has a one way rotor .

It could be a number of things wrong with watch . The obvious suggestion is the OP finds a local forum watch Smith and gets it sorted .

Last edited:

Rogers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/10
Remove the caseback, and hear if the noise is less if yes. Try if you can tight the rotor even more, or try a thicker seal between the caseback and case.

Rlmich

Horology Curious
9/11/19
I appreciate the guidance from everyone, thank you.

As for Hazing, let me break this down for you in a way that allows you to understand (keep it simple). I have read hundreds of threads on here, and that is why I created the post. Rather than freak out on the TD, I decided to ask the members for advice because I do not know what to expect from a rep movement. The TD’s are valued by everyone here and I want to be respectful of them. The urgency is due to only having a 48 hr window to raise the concern to the TD. I only brought up the fact that up until now I have only owned gen watches so that everyone would understand my ignorance of what to expect from a rep watch. Doesn’t really sound like a stupid request when all I wanted to do was respect the TD’s on this site by allowing the members here to set my expectations! I don’t want to hear anymore from you so just nod if this simpleton speak allowed you to understand...

Hazing

9/5/19
Interesting. Just curious, but I wonder so many people think the only option available is to “freak out”. Whether it’s to freak out on the TDs because something is not up to gen standard, or to freak out on the forum in general because they don’t approve of something they have no control over. For instance, you would think rather than “freak out” on the td, you could have a rational conversation. Or rather than freak out, tell people to eff off and storm off while under these strict time constraint, someone might just say “ha ha very funny. The user name hazing is making fun of the newbies, how cliche. Why don’t you try to be original?”

As far as the irrational response, that was funny. Thank you. If you look back and re read the posts with the sarcastic tone it was written (that most seemed to pick up on), you’d see it was just a playful comment. There’s no need to be so soooo defensive over your collection of $5-20k gens. Be proud of it. Own it. Lol. We all love watches here. Stick around and show us the rest of it.

And hey, I didn’t say asking questions was stupid or that particular question was stupid. It’s a few other things that are stupid. And I don’t know why you’re calling me a simpleton. That’s not very nice. Am I speaking or writing, or saying things in a way that make you think I have trouble grasping... anything? If you’re going to try to hurt my feelings by calling me names, you should try to find something that I’m insecure about. My intelligence is not one of them. I don’t know what it is about new comers and insulting random things. Like my wrist? (Now that was funny). In fact, it only makes you seem like a child who’s randomly reaching in a bag of insults and coming out with “well.. well... well... you’re a dumb dumb” :shrugs:. Another “freak out” I suppose. Now that you’re “done with me” I guess I’ll never know. Lol

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You mean the $5,000 to $20,000 watches all wok perfectly when you picked them up from the AD/boutique and had a sales manager check it out for you, size it for you, set the time and the date for you, and showed you how to wind it?

Look at the newb and his fancy “boutiques” over here.

I've read this thread twice, from start to finish - you're obviously having a bad day. Take some good advice - grab some laxatives and loosen yourself up.

Reactions: Tucker

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hey Guys/Gals

I am a new member and have traditionally owned gen watches. Recently purchased my first two rep’s a VSF PAM683 and a NOOB V2 50th Anniversary Rolex SD43 both from InTimeWatches. The PAM just arrived and looks amazing but.... something is not right with the movement. When you slightly move/rotate the watch it starts to make a very very loud and distinct rubbing or grinding noise. Never have I heard anything like it. Was hoping to start a discussion to find out if this is normal or should I raise the issue with INTIMEWATCHES or just get general guidance. Please help, thank you!

This is very typical for PAMs. Even GENs
East fix
https://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Choice-Silicone-Regulator-6-Ounce/dp/B007XAVC5M

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=PAM+caseback

Just a tip of silicone on the bolt bearings and you are good to go!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Let's be clear. The OP wasn't "freaking out", far from it. Freaking out would be if he attacked the TD with insults and/or filed a PayPal claim, neither of which he did. He was met with an unfamiliar situation and was asking how to go about things. Then instead of answers he gets remarks expected to be received as sarcasm, which everyone else may interpret differently so why do it at all, especially to a stranger? Unbelievable.

If you have nothing good to say, then I suggest you think things through very carefully. Otherwise, a vacation may be in order.

Rlmich

Horology Curious
9/11/19
Look, I want to apologize to everyone here for a post gone very wrong. I indeed just wanted to respect everyone here both members and TD’s. I read enough posts about new members buying a rep and going scorched earth because the light glimmers wrong when held directly in the sunlight. I hope to be a contributing member and by doing some reading, I made a couple purchase decisions. I received guidance and advice pertaining to my situation and I am thankful. I will have a conversation with Ryan at InTime and worst case just get the thing serviced.

Hazing, we are good. Please give a new person the benefit of the doubt unless of course they are asking which rep submariner is most gen like. That won’t happen from me because...well... I have a gen submariner!!! Hahaha.

And for the record, I tried on a gen PAM683 before buying this rep and my lord this rep looks like the real deal. That changes a bit when you pick it up and play with it but it sure looks pretty!

Happy Holidays

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
Look, I want to apologize to everyone here for a post gone very wrong. I indeed just wanted to respect everyone here both members and TD’s. I read enough posts about new members buying a rep and going scorched earth because the light glimmers wrong when held directly in the sunlight. I hope to be a contributing member and by doing some reading, I made a couple purchase decisions. I received guidance and advice pertaining to my situation and I am thankful. I will have a conversation with Ryan at InTime and worst case just get the thing serviced.

Hazing, we are good. Please give a new person the benefit of the doubt unless of course they are asking which rep submariner is most gen like. That won’t happen from me because...well... I have a gen submariner!!! Hahaha.

And for the record, I tried on a gen PAM683 before buying this rep and my lord this rep looks like the real deal. That changes a bit when you pick it up and play with it but it sure looks pretty!

Happy Holidays

Hi ,
welcome to RWI. Hazing is normally a helpful and friendly guy. So I think he must have been having a bad day, so don't take it personally. These forums tend to be full of drama at least once a week. I should know, I've been involved in a few, unintentionally of course :p. So don't sweat it.

The thread will die and sink to the bottom and then another drama filled episode will unfold,. It wouldn't be RWI without them.

enjoy pal

N

Hazing

9/5/19
mysterio don't even start with that nonsense, please. You obviously see what happened. It was a playful sarcastic comment the first post into the thread. By the third he got a clear, concise, specific answer to his question. By like the 4th he’s telling me to fuck off for also not answering his question. And yes, I didn’t respond well to that - and by “not respond well”, I mean I consciously tried to instigate. For that I apologize, @RImich. I should have acted more professionally instead of casually. My tone, attitude, demeanor had nothing to do with you being a newb. In the future, I’ll be sure to be more conscious of which direction my sarcasm is pointed.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
mysterio don't even start with that nonsense, please. You obviously see what happened. It was a playful sarcastic comment the first post into the thread. By the third he got a clear, concise, specific answer to his question. By like the 4th he’s telling me to fuck off for also not answering his question. And yes, I didn’t respond well to that - and by “not respond well”, I mean I consciously tried to instigate. For that I apologize, @RImich. I should have acted more professionally instead of casually. My tone, attitude, demeanor had nothing to do with you being a newb. In the future, I’ll be sure to be more conscious of which direction my sarcasm is pointed.

I would tell you not to start with your nonsense as well but clearly it's too late. Sarcasm, like humor, is only effective when it's appreciated by the intended recipient who was the OP and he clearly did not. Yes, there was an answer to his question (and it wasn't in the 3rd post, by the way) and had you provided it, there would have been some redemption. But you didn't and things just went downhill from there.

As for being nice and gentle to people who we may never see again, well, what's so bad about that? ;)

Reactions: Filiiony and Tucker

Hazing

9/5/19
That's Debatable. Effectiveness as well as who the intended recipient is and was. And my bad, it was the 5th post but as I've stated several times, it was a misdirected comment that got out of control. Like really out of control. It's obviously my bad but what do you want me to do? I would say redemption came with my apology. Or I would hope. What can I say? I'm human and thus, fallible.

What are you looking for now? I got the impression it was to let this topic die down - which I was happy to oblige and did after trail boss. I can't turn back time so that leaves what? Redemption? Humility? Again, I point to my apology. If that's not enough, tell me what you'd like, my friend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.