Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP- VSF PAM683

Hey Guys/Gals

I am a new member and have traditionally owned gen watches. Recently purchased my first two rep’s a VSF PAM683 and a NOOB V2 50th Anniversary Rolex SD43 both from InTimeWatches. The PAM just arrived and looks amazing but.... something is not right with the movement. When you slightly move/rotate the watch it starts to make a very very loud and distinct rubbing or grinding noise. Never have I heard anything like it. Was hoping to start a discussion to find out if this is normal or should I raise the issue with INTIMEWATCHES or just get general guidance. Please help, thank you!

How come the new members almost always traditionally only own gen?

Comment

Probably because we have run out of money after a few purchases of $5,000-$20,000 and we want to stay married but still love watches and then we come across a forum like this when looking for a review of another watch we want but can’t afford. That aside, anything useful to offer in terms of advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazing View Post
        How come the new members almost always traditionally only own gen?
        It's called being a ' Billy Bullshitter ' .

Comment

I guess I am confused here. Do I need to start a separate post showing pictures of my gen watches before anyone has anything helpful to say? Never had a problem like this with a gen watch.

Comment

Hard to say without hearing it, but you can try lubricating the rotor a drop of oil like moebius (or any watch oil). If that doesnt solve it then you may need to have it serviced. If thats the case, you can reach out to Ryan/InTime and see what the options are. You may need to send it back to China (risky) or perhaps they can help with the cost of a local watchsmith service (I dont know what their policy is for handling post-sale issues, but they should have a warranty-ish policy), but first I'd try oiling the rotor.
            "Thats how you get ants..."

Comment

It almost sounds/feels like something is loose inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlmich View Post
                I guess I am confused here. Do I need to start a separate post showing pictures of my gen watches before anyone has anything helpful to say? Never had a problem like this with a gen watch.
                You mean the $5,000 to $20,000 watches all wok perfectly when you picked them up from the AD/boutique and had a sales manager check it out for you, size it for you, set the time and the date for you, and showed you how to wind it?

Look at the newb and his fancy “boutiques” over here.

Comment

Wow, I really don’t get the attitude towards a new member asking for help. And yes, when you buy a gen watch that is how it works and the movement never makes noises. Is your goal to not have any new members here? Fuck you!

Comment

Rlmich lol dont worry about people in here. Alot of haters and broke people in here buying watches. I make a lot of money, have a few nice gen watches - but im all about rep watches now. Dont need to prove anything to the haters in here. Alot of salt in this form, but alot of good people and great info too.

Comment

btw. that sound you're hearing.. is probably the wonderful sound of a Miyota movement lol. You can get most of them silenced and it COULD help significantly. Not 100% guarenteed, but worth the 25$ for trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Tgz View Post
                        Rlmich lol dont worry about people in here. Alot of haters and broke people in here buying watches. I make a lot of money, have a few nice gen watches - but im all about rep watches now. Dont need to prove anything to the haters in here. Alot of salt in this form, but alot of good people and great info too.
                        Don’t be a tool, tool. He didn’t receive 1 second of hate. He should have warned us that he was on the rag and this way everyone knows to stay away.

Comment

Hazing salty crew up in here. Instead of welcoming people to RWI it seems all the new kids on the block get a bunch of hate from those who have been here longer. I dont get it - but whatever makes you happy.

Comment

My advice - get it serviced and ask for rotor silencing. You are almost definitely hearing the rotor. If you like the watch enough it’s definitely worth the 100ish dollars and will prolong the life of the rep.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

I had a fantastic experience when I bought my gen BB GMT....its definitely a different experience from getting a rep in the mail. You pay for it though...
                              "Thats how you get ants..."

Comment

Working...
                              X