• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM959 it’s out!

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Just out of curiosity is the strap any longer with this release I the previous 42 sub I got the strap was short and tight with the hole I had to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
In case anyone wants to see qc pics (already rejected)

LApiD.jpg

LABks.jpg

LAQVY.jpg

LAtY3.jpg

LACpk.jpg

LAd8P.jpg

LAPGo.jpg

LAXAJ.jpg

LAk7W.jpg

LA4zS.jpg

LAMYQ.jpg

Reactions: ssouthall6

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
to an untrained eye, the only thing I can spot is the bezel markers don't look the best.....

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Always intrigues me how the date can be good on some dates, then be out on another.....

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Always intrigues me how the date can be good on some dates, then be out on another.....

True. It’s honestly not too bad but I’m not yet sure if I wanna keep the watch when it arrives or not. If I decide to flip I wouldn’t want the potential buyer to deal with that DW.

if I was sure I keep it I would’ve accepted it.

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
True. It’s honestly not too bad but I’m not yet sure if I wanna keep the watch when it arrives or not. If I decide to flip I wouldn’t want the potential buyer to deal with that DW.

if I was sure I keep it I would’ve accepted it.

Fair point, but looks a nice piece though.
superspark69 has me hooked on Pams now.:rolleyes:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

As far as I know rep datewheels are usually overlays on the base movement date wheel, and therefore are subject to printing misalignment (the ZF Aquanaut comes to mind as a prominent example)

Reactions: Phoenixboy

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
And the date wheel

it could be that its two hours away from midnight, the dates flip slowly on these and start moving from 10pm-ish, that might be why its looking out of line. id probably safely say that this is the case.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
it could be that its two hours away from midnight, the dates flip slowly on these and start moving from 10pm-ish, that might be why its looking out of line. id probably safely say that this is the case.

But the hands are set the same in every picture but the misalignment can only be seen at the 20 or am I wrong

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
It’s a good catch though, maybe 2 dates were set towards noon and one towards midnight. Thank you, I’ll ask Li about it. If that’s the case maybe I can still take it.

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
I always chuckle when I read threads regarding watches that flip over before midnight.
i only notice that when I am resetting the watch, and I am certainly not going to make the effort to stare at my watch approaching midnight to confirm.
i don't care what time it flips over as long as its there or there abouts….

peterpl

24/7/11

Its because the DW itself is printed not aligned. Most times the numbers will all align and you'll have some digits out. Just bad manufacturing and QC from china

Reactions: Phoenixboy

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
superspark69 Anyone else pull the trigger? I wouldn’t mind another wristshot or two.

how does it fit and wear? Suddenly I find myself very curious and 8nterested but I worry that the 42 fits more like the liminor due than just a small sub,ersible which is what’s been keeping me away. But I feel like it may be beefy enough to have some substance. Anyone?

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
superspark69 Anyone else pull the trigger? I wouldn’t mind another wristshot or two.

how does it fit and wear? Suddenly I find myself very curious and 8nterested but I worry that the 42 fits more like the liminor due than just a small sub,ersible which is what’s been keeping me away. But I feel like it may be beefy enough to have some substance. Anyone?

70e7c07192e4a4d8943e2fcfe407eb60.jpg

I usually only purchase 47mm pams then gave the 42mm a shot what I can say it’s less bulky does not stand out as much and easier to wear with suits for work I am staring to love 42mm size
The colors are very complimentary and the stainless steel gives it a nice shine go for it imo

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
70e7c07192e4a4d8943e2fcfe407eb60.jpg

I usually only purchase 47mm pams then gave the 42mm a shot what I can say it’s less bulky does not stand out as much and easier to wear with suits for work I am staring to love 42mm size
The colors are very complimentary and the stainless steel gives it a nice shine go for it imo

Awesome. Thanks man. I like the stainless look better. Like I loved thhe 799 (surprisingly) which makes me think I might like this more than the 960. if I give one a shot. But I’m sort of itching to try one.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Awesome. Thanks man. I like the stainless look better. Like I loved thhe 799 (surprisingly) which makes me think I might like this more than the 960. if I give one a shot. But I’m sort of itching to try one.

been wearing mine for the last two days, awesome watch.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Received the watch today and have a question.

when I pull out the crown, first position is winding, 3rd position is time setting. I thought the second position was date quick change but only the hour hand jumps like a gmt function (?). Anyone else experienced this?

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Received the watch today and have a question.

when I pull out the crown, first position is winding, 3rd position is time setting. I thought the second position was date quick change but only the hour hand jumps like a gmt function (?). Anyone else experienced this?

This is the gen feature, you can advance the hour hand forward or backward and this is how you change the date also