• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM985

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I know it's early but does anyone have a lume shot?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You have one a couple of posts above (I have posted a series of photos from a chinese dealer)

Reactions: Hazing

senator

3/6/09
64d4357186179c140a959c094f2aed4d.jpg
9a0b703c0f28fc7646f1d40b88446f2d.jpg

Reactions: TheDonSL

S.Martin

Known Member
17/12/11
USA
I will buy the blue strap immediately off of anyone who wants to sell it once they get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I will buy the blue strap immediately off of anyone who wants to sell it once they get it.

On the 984 the strap quality doesn’t feel that great. I just put it aside because it feels one of those straps that you can only get a couple of uses out of. I’m not sure how accurate that feeling is and whether it’s a cheap strap or maybe it’s just the “recycled material” feeling.

S.Martin

Known Member
17/12/11
USA
On the 984 the strap quality doesn’t feel that great. I just put it aside because it feels one of those straps that you can only get a couple of uses out of. I’m not sure how accurate that feeling is and whether it’s a cheap strap or maybe it’s just the “recycled material” feeling.

I took mine and put it on my 671. Strap wears good and feels great. Been wearing it three days a week since I got my 984. I personally love it. If anyone does not want the blue strap, send me a message with the price and I’ll buy it.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Not a fan of this watch.

Dial looks dull...too plain, almost like a no branded homage watch (no dial text is visible at most angles/lighting).

The text on the crystal just looks like a sticker left on from the packaging. It certainly doesn’t look like high quality text/engraving you’d expect on a £10k watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Not a fan of this watch.

Dial looks dull...too plain, almost like a no branded homage watch (no dial text is visible at most angles/lighting).

The text on the crystal just looks like a sticker left on from the packaging. It certainly doesn’t look like high quality text/engraving you’d expect on a £10k watch

Have you seen it in person? I hesitate to use the word “fun,” but it catches a lot of light and is an interesting touch on this watch. I thought the same before I got one (984) and have really enjoyed it. Somehow it feels sleeker ...

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: KSwatches

S.Martin

Known Member
17/12/11
USA
Have you seen it in person? I hesitate to use the word “fun,” but it catches a lot of light and is an interesting touch on this watch. I thought the same before I got one (984) and have really enjoyed it. Somehow it feels sleeker ...

Agreed. Wears well and looks fantastic!

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18

Yes mate. I have sold a couple. I try to be honest as possible with my opinions, even as a seller.

I just don’t like the sticker on the dial, it Looks cheap IMO. Like a £0.20 packaging sticker left behind on the watch.

I’m Holding one now.

Take a look at the watch at this angle (attached). It just looks like a homage watch with no name/brand on the dial at wrist distance at most angles. You have to hold it at a precise angle to see the text on the crystal.

Anyways, that’s just my opinion. It’s good to hear what others think.

1ecc4adea2271bf1803106ec8a6d7e1b.jpg

Last edited:

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Is there any 985 owner who would like to sell me the blue canvas strap pls ?
thanks to send me a msg as the TD cant get it. (Sorry mods for the WTB)

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I’m torn between the 986 and maybe trying one of the 42mm submersibles.

Looking at pictures, this watch just never really did it for me. When I had it in person, I really liked it but I ended up selling it and now I’m back to looking at pictures and like.... “meh I don’t know how I feel about it”. But I will say I always thought the 985 to nicer for me than the 984 just because I like the color.

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
The numbers on the bezel are inaccurate .. The numbers too far from the original are denser

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
You will need to show examples please

GEN on the right.

Number are more crisp on GEN, more shadow effect.
Numbers have smaller spacing on GEN
6 & 12 o'clock dial markers are more prominent on GEN
Date window sits a tad lower on GEN, more balanced.
3 o'clock bezel marker looks nicer on GEN