• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 111 NOOB V5 WHAT????????

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
so I ordered noob Pam005 but it looks like TD send me qc pics of Noob Pam111 with extra rubber strap.
pam111 is slightly more expensive.
dunno if I should accept it l, I like both 005 and 111.

Last edited:

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Here is a V4 next to a Gen.

Oris-1-Left-Geen-Right31709d3dd7fe3e74.jpg

Oris-L-Geen-R018d061ab67d132b.jpg

Pictures courtesy of Oris

I now own the V4 in the photo. Thank You Oris.....By the way do you have anymore pictures of the Gen next to the V4 especially dead on dial comparison and Movement comparison?

I will get around to taking pictures of the V4 next to the V5 but between Thanksgiving, My Sons B Day and Christmas decorating and shopping I have been a bit busy

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
Here is a V4 next to a Gen.

Oris-1-Left-Geen-Right31709d3dd7fe3e74.jpg

Oris-L-Geen-R018d061ab67d132b.jpg

Pictures courtesy of Oris

I now own the V4 in the photo. Thank You Oris.....By the way do you have anymore pictures of the Gen next to the V4 especially dead on dial comparison and Movement comparison?

I will get around to taking pictures of the V4 next to the V5 but between Thanksgiving, My Sons B Day and Christmas decorating and shopping I have been a bit busy

Hi mate,

I'm glad you're enjoying the watch.

I do have more photos - I am planning to upload them and do a comparison thread at some stage.

*The differences between the two watches were negligible, but were as follows:

- Of the two dials, the print registration on the gen was bolder, but this was only noticeable from up close.

- The pinion on the seconds hand was slightly larger on the gen, but this was only by a minuscule amount!

- Of the two movements, the etching appeared better and more complete on the rep - the gen etching was less perfect. Rep movement finishing is uncanny.

That was really it - the two appeared virtually identical, and a gen owner even picked the rep as gen when looking at the caseback view only - the movements were that close. We looked with intense scrutiny and everything else - lume, hands, crystal, case, CGs, crown, caseback, etc - were all spot on.

If you wanted an absolutely balls-to-the-wall franken, all you would need is a gen dial to get that slightly heavier print and bingo - even a gen owner wouldn't be able to tell them apart :)

* Rep strap notwithstanding

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher

rolerai

Known Member
Supporter
6/11/19
I own the v4 and i love it.. do you think it is worth to upgrade?

YourWatch

Failed Dealer
22/1/17
Europe
So I received few QCs for that "V5" 111 and what can I say if compared to V4:

1) "nipple" effect on CP of all watches
2) short microscrew on all watches, and some have even "supershort" microscrew that barely passes the swan base
3) some had very poorly made inscriptions on the dial - with paint falling off or misplaced. one had dirt under the paint
4) ratchet wheel screw on some reps was clearly convex

ymee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/10/19
Dumb question but how do you wind this watch? Clockwise? How many rotations? Anything to be cautious of? Just bought it and dont want to break it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

shortlegs

31/5/19
Dumb question but how do you wind this watch? Clockwise? How many rotations? Anything to be cautious of? Just bought it and dont want to break it.

Wow.. Perhaps you shouldn't be playing in this hobby then..

ymee

1/10/19
I'm not familiar with these manual asian movements. Just asking if there is anything I need to be cautious about when winding the watch. Can someone help a noob out?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I'm not familiar with these manual asian movements. Just asking if there is anything I need to be cautious about when winding the watch. Can someone help a noob out?

In the 0 position (closest to the case, basically just after when you open the lever), wind clockwise (or forward) until you feel resistance. If the crown stops, that's the hard stop, do not wind any further. This information is available if you searched for it.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach

open the crown guard pull the crown out one click and set the time push in the crown but dont close the crown guard and wind the crown clockwise it takes about 50 turns or more for a completely discharged A6497. This movement is very solid and well developed, you could have a professional disassemble and clean the movement then oil it properly with high quality lube. But really there is nothing to worry about. I have 5 year old A6497s that have never been serviced and are still accurate to 15 S/D. My latest A6497 is good for 5 S/D with 287 amplitude, By the way this is not a Asian movement its a asian copy of a Swiss movement
https://wornandwound.com/caliber-spec-unitas-64976498/

Last edited:

ymee

1/10/19
Thank you guys so much, really appreciate it!