• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 111 NOOB V5 WHAT????????

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I know, Angus has a strange propensity to bash Noob watches, but calling them V10 is straight up mocking lol

Last edited:

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Yeah I know... He was closely working together with noob, when the V6S was developed, but then, suddenly, ARF seemed to be a better fit. We'll never know the real story anyways ;)

#repgossip

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Yeah I know... He was closely working together with noob, when the V6S was developed, but then, suddenly, ARF seemed to be a better fit. We'll never know the real story anyways ;)

#repgossip

I remember reading about the real story, dunno how real it was but I remember reading he had a big fight with noob. It was long time ago.

Reactions: maxracingshox

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
If XF pam777 is all sold out I will get pam111 v5.
there is not that many Luminor Marinas (44mm) left.
they seriously need to replicate pam911 and pam1021.

Last edited:

YourWatch

Failed Dealer
22/1/17
Europe
I wonder if a short microscrew in the swan neck now is in every 111, or that is just a particular watch?

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Hey guys! Just got my QC pictures for the PAM111 V4 I ordered from puretime 2 weeks ago.

Watch is already accepted!!

Now the real question is: Is it a V4 or a new V5?
I think there is slightly a nipple effect on the pinion but I am not 100% sure. And what do you think about the crownguards and caseback? Any flaws a V4 didn‘t have before but this model now has and therefore is a V5? :D

I am a total noob at PAM reps but it looked nice to me so I accepted already. Even if you tell me now there are 10 huge flaws I will wear it lol

dirtyharry44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/15
USA
^^^^
Yours appears to have a micro screw in the swan neck regulator that is too short to adjust the entire range, so likely a V5 if this is an issue that was fixed/uncommon in V4.

Reactions: bosaftw

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I'd like to point something out. Remember, when the V4 was released? Everyone got excited and then we realized, that there was no "real" V4. Same now with the V5.
If you ask me, V3=V4=V5 with ever so slight variations in manufacturing, that only us nut jobs would recognize. My V4 also has the short micro metric screw for example.

Last edited:

YourWatch

Failed Dealer
22/1/17
Europe
^^^^
Yours appears to have a micro screw in the swan neck regulator that is too short to adjust the entire range, so likely a V5 if this is an issue that was fixed/uncommon in V4.

It seems that the whole batch now has a short screw. I would call this batch a V3. When I started working with reps, few years ago, there were both also short microscrews from the same maker. V4 seemed to get it fixed, but now it all short again, so Noob went back with this batch again (not to mention that nipple effect). However, I believe that the most demanding people can get the CP polished flat, and microscrew can be fully winded out, so it's full length will be hidden by the swan base and the steel edge of the caseback cover thus mitigating the wrong length at least visually.

Reactions: Thrasher

GaalDoma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
I'd like to point something out. Remember, when the V4 was released? Everyone got excited and then we realized, that there was no "real" V4. Same now with the V5.
If you ask me, V3=V4=V5 with ever so slight variations in manufacturing, that only us nut jobs would recognize. My V4 also has the short micro metric screw for example.

Absolutely agree with you, my 1.5 years old v4 is the same. To be honest, I've never seen a v4 with a correct, long screw. Only the PAM127 has it.

YourWatch

Failed Dealer
22/1/17
Europe
Absolutely agree with you, my 1.5 years old v4 is the same. To be honest, I've never seen a v4 with a correct, long screw. Only the PAM127 has it.

I had many 005 and 111 from Noob with a correct long screw. So pity they've failed with it now.