• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 111 NOOB V5 WHAT????????

Jabbss

Horology Curious
5/1/19
The nipple effect ?? Are we talking about the little circle on the crown guard ( for want of a better description ) ?? Which is the crown guard lever pin ? I have a V4 and mine is correct and totally flush . On your watch it definitely stands proud like a nipple . However this is just a QC issue rather than a flaw ? As on the reverse movement shot you see it sits shy in the hole . There must be a DIY fix to ' push it in a bit ' :D so it sits correctly ! Its obviously just a pin which hasn't been set properly .Or am I looking at the wrong thing :cool:

It’s actually the middle part that holds the hand stack. Regarding the pin on the movement mine fell off and the movement got stucked. Had to open it, applied locite and screw it back on. It’s been the same position ever since :)

Sent from the RWI App

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The CP is the Cannon Pinion in the center of the hand stack on the face of the watch

Right I know what a Canon Pinion is ! I didn't see this term used when discussing the ' nipple effect ' my BAD ! Again my V4 has a flush CP no nipple effect . Thanks for clarification and putting me right .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
It’s actually the middle part that holds the hand stack. Regarding the pin on the movement mine fell off and the movement got stucked. Had to open it, applied locite and screw it back on. It’s been the same position ever since :)

Sent from the RWI App

Yep i know what a Cannon pinnion is , again I didn't see it used when discussing the ' nipple effect ' . The micro screw falling out is a very common happening on the V4 . Which is a pain as it's faux ! Thanks for putting me right .

Last edited:

dirtyharry44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/15
USA
Intime website has this to say about the V5:

”all blue letters are engraved then filled with blue ink rather than painted on the movement directly”

Is this accurate, and was this not true of the V4? If so, sounds like a nice improvement.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see this same description on Puretime’s description of the V4. I’m a doofus.

Last edited:

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Looks great and they are not silly prices either. I have one in the post as we speak. Having to make do with a cheap pam90!
ad7c255949596acd9f4f4bccb3368339.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrsullivan

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
You don't need 5 versions to get a simple watch like the 111 correct. Bloody watch replicators get to a terrific level (v4), let it sell until demand really drops off or all available stock is exhausted, wait a while to drive up demand, release a new version wiith something/s intentionally fucked up but can be easily fixed (v5) which will still sell well as it is the latest version of a popular super rep, and then fix the fuck up as v6 and sell a ton of those. That way, you get to sell twice as many 111s than if you just released an improved v5 . Then the cycle will begin again - look at the bloody Noob v10 Submariner. I have a v3 Hulk, which is near perfect yet they somehow needed a further 7 versions.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
You don't need 5 versions to get a simple watch like the 111 correct. Bloody watch replicators get to a terrific level (v4), let it sell until demand really drops off or all available stock is exhausted, wait a while to drive up demand, release a new version wiith something/s intentionally fucked up but can be easily fixed (v5) which will still sell well as it is the latest version of a popular super rep, and then fix the fuck up as v6 and sell a ton of those. That way, you get to sell twice as many 111s than if you just released an improved v5 . Then the cycle will begin again - look at the bloody Noob v10 Submariner. I have a v3 Hulk, which is near perfect yet they somehow needed a further 7 versions.

Hulk v3 is near perfect?
I hope you were joking.

Reactions: maxracingshox

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
rcom440, not joking why ? I spent 6 months deciding between gen hulk and gmt IIC in 2010 before settling on the GMT. The v3 Hulk was close enough in colour that a friend of mine working for an AD in Australia couldn't tell (setting the time aside). Some details like the scallops weren't as polished as the real thing and the clasp left something to be desired but after you wear the gen for a year as a dailly watch, aesthetically you won't know the difference. This fixation on the forums with miniscule improvements is a great way to make TDs rich.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Here's the cp of my perfect and divine V4 fwiw (right click & open in new tab for full res)

VqJv1G.jpg

VqJzaX.jpg

Last edited:

SirWolfy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/17
Wow! WTF! From V5 to V10? can some1 explain? Is it a typo or smth?

velox

1/5/15
What about the lume. They state it is lumed with genuine Super-LumiNova C1+C3.
Also, it is listed for $308 from Ryan and $288 from Angus. Im guessing its the same model ?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
What about the lume. They state it is lumed with genuine Super-LumiNova C1+C3.
Also, it is listed for $308 from Ryan and $288 from Angus. Im guessing its the same model ?

Yes, different TD have slightly different price for the same watch.