• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 111 NOOB V5 WHAT????????

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
id say the crown guard pin looks ok, looks flat to me. Why would you want another if you already have the v3 and v4 as they were pretty much perfect?

Rolex223344

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/19
id say the crown guard pin looks ok, looks flat to me. Why would you want another if you already have the v3 and v4 as they were pretty much perfect?

Good question, Impulsive buying I guess( and long waiting for restocking put me on M2M), also had some plans to water seal one, and have a spare if I would screw it up. So well now I have 3. In any case I don’t think that’s so unusual on this forum. When the v5 arrives I will tcompare and give my toughs about the differences.

Reactions: ceesq

raggu0

Horology Curious
24/10/19
Texas, United States
Good question, Impulsive buying I guess( and long waiting for restocking put me on M2M), also had some plans to water seal one, and have a spare if I would screw it up. So well now I have 3. In any case I don’t think that’s so unusual on this forum. When the v5 arrives I will tcompare and give my toughs about the differences.

Doing the good work of comparing it for all of us! Though it sounds like you're not too far from going gen yourself ;)

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Oh well, do not see any improvements... what does V5 stand for then? Also, I wonder why puretime and intime are silent.

V5 is short for: " It's time to milk that dried up old tit again". Trust me, the 5.1 is in the works as we speak. Current issues resolved, new ones included. And the world turns...

Reactions: preppyr6

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
It looks like I got lucky... It seems a friend got a V4 that is brand new and very rarely worn , I will see pictures soon

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I ordered a V4 at puretime like 3 days ago before discovering this thread and finding out that the V4 is not available anymore and the V5 is way worse than V4 ...
I am totally new to Panerai reps. I come from Rolex, AP and Hublot reps and thought I want a true super rep and now this dream seems to pop away lol
I don‘t see the flaws you mentioned on the pics before on the V5 so when getting QC pictures the next days I will be totally clueless what to look for.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I ordered a V4 at puretime like 3 days ago before discovering this thread and finding out that the V4 is not available anymore and the V5 is way worse than V4 ...
I am totally new to Panerai reps. I come from Rolex, AP and Hublot reps and thought I want a true super rep and now this dream seems to pop away lol
I don‘t see the flaws you mentioned on the pics before on the V5 so when getting QC pictures the next days I will be totally clueless what to look for.

Read this thread the flaws are very minor except to the really hardcore people like me and the people here, No normal person or Genuine Panerai owner would know the difference unless they know the 111 and know the replica and what to look for and then they would need to be looking at the watch within 12 inches, If anyone has their face within 12 inches of your watch they are weird and should be avoided.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
This is a V5
1108_16e081c50c5b0c598.jpg

This is a V4
20191120_071652d1731f31195bf80e.jpg

"WAY WORSE" is an outlandish exaggeration.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
PS now I have a brand new V5 and V4 in the post

Okay I now understood what you meant with the „nipple“ effect on the CP.
I will be looking after it on my QC pictures.
Unfortunatelly the angle of your posted V4 and V5 is not the same so I can‘t see what flaw you mean with the crown guard and nipple sticking out on top.

Jabbss

Horology Curious
5/1/19

Here’s my noob v4, kinda have the nipple effect too

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Guys, where to buy that new PAM 111? PureTime seems not to have it right now...

Intime has it. Chazingtime has it.
I ordered a V4 at puretime like 4 days ago and I think he will show me pics of a V5 on QC pics because I heard V4 is discontinued in production.

YourWatch

Failed Dealer
22/1/17
Europe
Reactions: bosaftw

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
29fZK.jpg

29Fqv.jpg

Here’s my noob v4, kinda have the nipple effect too

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

The nipple effect ?? Are we talking about the little circle on the crown guard ( for want of a better description ) ?? Which is the crown guard lever pin ? I have a V4 and mine is correct and totally flush . On your watch it definitely stands proud like a nipple . However this is just a QC issue rather than a flaw ? As on the reverse movement shot you see it sits shy in the hole . There must be a DIY fix to ' push it in a bit ' :D so it sits correctly ! Its obviously just a pin which hasn't been set properly .Or am I looking at the wrong thing :cool:

Last edited: