• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM683

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thx for sharing this, and it sounds very promising! Just two questions left, I read somewhere that the rotor can be very noisy...can you confirm? And how fingerprint proof is the black bezel?

Go for the 683! The blue on the 960 seems a bit off, especially on the bezel. Also the 683 would be more of a first choice if you are at AD.

The both new model 42 , absolutely they have Gen for one of them, for me yes black look more gen like .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taifighter84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/17
Thx for sharing this, and it sounds very promising! Just two questions left, I read somewhere that the rotor can be very noisy...can you confirm? And how fingerprint proof is the black bezel?

Rotor is noisy indeed, but I don't mind to be honest. Does anyone know if this is a modified ETA7750 or if it's a fully cloned P9XXX movement?

The bezel is very fingerprint-resistant, because of the matte finish, it's hard to tell when there's something on it. It's not like the glossy Rolex ceramic where it smudges if you look at it.

Last edited:

Rogers

15/10/10
I don't think it ia a A7750 mvmt, but to be honest I don't know which mvmt they have used. If the rotor is noisy it isn't a problem, but it will give only a unGEN feel. I have ordered mine but see some stains a the bezel between the 6 and 9, is this something what can be whipped away?

https://ibb.co/p4JGQ1P

Mrpong

15/9/19
I don't think it ia a A7750 mvmt, but to be honest I don't know which mvmt they have used. If the rotor is noisy it isn't a problem, but it will give only a unGEN feel. I have ordered mine but see some stains a the bezel between the 6 and 9, is this something what can be whipped away?

https://ibb.co/p4JGQ1P

Look like minor stain. Maybe sticker glue. You may ask a seller to clean it.
------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys think that VSF will change from the slightly domed sapphire to the flat type like gen? Hope they will fix this in V2.

Last edited:

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Wow you have an 8.5 inch wrist? Huge! I have an inch left on my 7.5 wrist.

32bed85f73caf7eac483ff4ec08e0597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Snil

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Look like minor stain. Maybe sticker glue. You may ask a seller to clean it.
------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys think that VSF will change from the slightly domed sapphire to the flat type like gen? Hope they will fix this in V2.

Its really not that noticeable unless at extreme angles and your looking for it

Rogers

15/10/10
Recently I saw a orange colored rubber strap in the same style as the black rubber strap the watch comes whit. Where can I buy this strap and is this strap GEN or REP?

2000 × 3000

Last edited:

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
what is the strap size for this pam 683?
22mm?

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Now we need to see comparison, how we can add it super Rep , hate waiting for waiting..

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Now we need to see comparison, how we can add it super Rep , hate waiting for waiting..

It would be nearly impossible to do a comparison without the gen in hand. Other features are good but the thickness is not gen-like at 14.5mm (versus the quoted 13.22mm) because of the P.9000 movement it's using instead of a clone of the OPXXXIV (which does not exist). So if you're waiting for super rep classification, it may not get it. But it is still a very good rep. 1st class definitely.

Rogers

15/10/10
Also mine is on its way, I really can't wait because this will be my first ever 42mm PAM ever. I stopped buying Panerai few years ago and switched to CRPO 42mm and stayed there, bought a GEN crpo as well. But seeing the 683 for the first time, I knew I fell in love whit it.

Reactions: leo6929

Rogers

15/10/10
Today I received mine, and I have to say it is indeed a beautiful sharp looking watch! Mine first reaction was wow!! Ands 42mm wears very well and I think a 42mm is just great for a Panerai, it his more classy now. At first sight you will fall in love whit this VSF watch, that's for sure!

But for the VSF model I have to be picky (sorry guys), the rotor it is noisy, yes. It rotates to easy, when you shake your wrist it will turn for about ten times completely free.

The rubber strap is short, 70/110 so keep that in mind. If you have a bigger wrist better buy another strap for it, but I do not know of 22mm rubber REP straps are available? Anyone knows a good adress for great 22 mm rubber straps?

The fisheye effect is huge on this one, the dial will be distorted completely because if this it wille be almost impossible to look at the dial.
And again sorry I'm a picky guy, the markers on the insert between the 12 and 3 look like they were hand-painted, and the color of the markers is very thin and less sharp looking.

That the watch is a bit thicker then GEN is hardly noticeable.

Keep in mind that the movement can't handle to select only the date. You have to move the hour hand to set up the date. Also there is a little free space in the hour hand, for example if both hands are on the 12 the hour hand is not completely underneed the minute hand. You have to push the crown a bit to select the hour hand and turn it manually to his correct position.

The total finish of the watch is very very good, but the movement and crystal... I don't know, time will tell.

And if I tick on the caseback it sounds like the rotor is a bit loose. So i decided to open up the watch and have a look. The rotor itself is steady and when I shake the watch the rotor isnt making a lot of noise without the caseback. But as soon I replace the caseback the rotor sound is very noticeable. Someone has an idea?

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain