• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Pam 960 42mm Baselworld 2019

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
I just caved and ordered a 960 from Toro.. not going to miss the chance of owning a 42mm Carbotech.... especially after I missed my opportunity to get a 682. Got a PP 5711 from PF and PPF dial and hands coming in too from Toro. Christmas coming early :)

ymee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/10/19
Since the Rep strap doesn't have the blue logo. Where can one order the original black strap? I don't see it on Panerais website. Also how hard is it to change the strap?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Since the Rep strap doesn't have the blue logo. Where can one order the original black strap? I don't see it on Panerais website. Also how hard is it to change the strap?

Depending on the authorized dealer, you can ask to buy the gen strap by itself (just dont mention reps...at all). I usually order from an AD I know and have it shipped to me.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

It's there on the website. $170
https://www.panerai.com/en/accessories/straps-and-bracelets/bucket/mxe04qnj.html - XL
https://www.panerai.com/en/accessories/straps-and-bracelets/bucket/mxe044bs.html - Standard

Although if you're buying a watch from a TD, you might as well as for the black rubber strap with the blue logo, it's probably available (usually only at standard length though you can inquire if you need a longer strap).

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
ymee when this watch was released at Basel it looks like the strap was all black. But with the models that are going to ADs it has the blue logo. Look up videos of the gen 960 on YouTube and both of them show gens with all black straps. Not a big deal to switch the strap imo - depends on how it feels mainly.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Don't know what all the fuss is about the strap, thats the beauty of PAMS most Risti's change out the strap for what they prefer. Plus I would always get the gen strap if I wanted rubber as it is so, much better.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
ymee when this watch was released at Basel it looks like the strap was all black. But with the models that are going to ADs it has the blue logo. Look up videos of the gen 960 on YouTube and both of them show gens with all black straps. Not a big deal to switch the strap imo - depends on how it feels mainly.

PaneraiCentral posted an article on the SIHH2019 releases during SIHH itself. It showed a strap with a blue logo.
https://www.paneraicentral.com/pam96...-submersibles/

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Don't know what all the fuss is about the strap, thats the beauty of PAMS most Risti's change out the strap for what they prefer. Plus I would always get the gen strap if I wanted rubber as it is so, much better.

That's exactly the point. Ristis use whatever strap they prefer. If they prefer the standard caoutchouc (rubber) strap who are we to argue? :)

I now see the difference. If you check the video at 28 seconds in, you will see that the black logo strap is on the PAM960, the blue logo strap is on its big brother the PAM1616. That's probably a visual cue to distinguish one from the other (on a standard strap anyway, if you swap out straps then it's anybody's guess. :lol: ).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tgz

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Just accepted the QC on mine, irrespective of strap logo colour. I shall probably change it in any case.

Richidh

Known Member
8/7/16
Den Haag, Netherlands

I dont know if i saw it right but the 42mm has the black strap and the 47mm has it with the blue logo

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Anyone know what the textured-looking rubber strap is on PAMs site? I cant find it in the strap listings. Looks cool though (better than the standard strap).
1818772.png

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
47mm vs 42mm (photo is not mine)
The difference in size is noticable, ladies will go crazy over this newly released PAM960. Might get one for my wife..

ada71039177baa496a1c6acac444fabc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's funny. When I got the 904 and showed it to my girl, her first thought was that I got it for her.

And then I showed my mother and the first thing she did was try it on assuming that I got it for her. I think especially because I've been trying to get her a watch. Not a rep but just something she likes, that she can wear in general and it's been tough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
When you think about it (when I think about it) I think "rubber is rubber" but I'm also at odds with the "you get what you pay for" knowing that there's a reason it's almost 200. But with rubber, where it's not like lather, I would think the differences wouldn't be as noticibale as with... Let's Say. Gen leather strap.

How much better is the Panerai rubber and in what ways? If you don't mind me asking and if it can be quantified.

Ho

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
I just rejected first 960 in QC. The bezel lookin super shoddy. There seemed to be a crack/gouge in the carbon and the pattern of the carbon in general looked really really messy/sloppy.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Anyone know what the textured-looking rubber strap is on PAMs site? I cant find it in the strap listings. Looks cool though (better than the standard strap).
1818772.png

I’ve got that strap on the 799, at the moment only comes with the watch I believe. I got mine off of eBay

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
When you think about it (when I think about it) I think "rubber is rubber" but I'm also at odds with the "you get what you pay for" knowing that there's a reason it's almost 200. But with rubber, where it's not like lather, I would think the differences wouldn't be as noticibale as with... Let's Say. Gen leather strap.

How much better is the Panerai rubber and in what ways? If you don't mind me asking and if it can be quantified.

Ho

Far better! A lot of people say they wouldn’t notice the difference but you really can. The texture, whole feel of it is better and really feels like the quality is elevated.

Last edited: