• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 984 out?

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
To Nalomb's point, are there two versions of this watch, with different colour lumes? Presumably they have different Pam references?

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
And other than the aesthetic differences, the blue means you shelled out the cash for the Mike Horn "Experience." Not sure how much cache that adds, but my preference is based solely on the look ...

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
And other than the aesthetic differences, the blue means you shelled out the cash for the Mike Horn "Experience." Not sure how much cache that adds, but my preference is based solely on the look ...

The blue lume would make the watch rather conspicuous especially if you run in Risti circles because there are only 19 people privileged enough to be able to buy the watch and have that Mike Horn experience. Good thing I don't so I might bite the bullet on the 985 because most of my PAMs have green lume, it would be nice to get a blue lume PAM for a change. Although there is the PAM1616, I have one Carbotech PAM incoming so having the blue lume AND the yuckymaster bezel as I playfully call it would hit 2 birds with one stone. :)

Reactions: nalomb

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Loving the bezel, reminds me of the yachmaster

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
That's what everybody else thought when Panerai announced it in SIHH2019. Kind of late to the party mate.

Not surprised, first thing that came to mind was the yachtmaster when I saw it, looks very interesting on this with the black dial.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Not surprised, first thing that came to mind was the yachtmaster when I saw it, looks very interesting on this with the black dial.

Get it as soon as the factories come back from Chinese National Day, although if your TD has it on hand, it might be worthwhile to place an order now (just have to wait for shipping because of the holiday though).

Reactions: sn95

ICYUNV

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/18
Count me in; I just placed my order. Now I'm just hoping that they can get it shipped before the holiday.

I've always liked the look of a yachty but prefer the "low key" nature of Pams. SIHH2019 was a dream come true as I patiently waited for VSF to come through. I believe they have. But if this is too big for my 7" wrist I'll release it back into the community.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Count me in; I just placed my order. Now I'm just hoping that they can get it shipped before the holiday.

I've always liked the look of a yachty but prefer the "low key" nature of Pams. SIHH2019 was a dream come true as I patiently waited for VSF to come through. I believe they have. But if this is too big for my 7" wrist I'll release it back into the community.

If it's not in the courier's hands yesterday, I'm a bit doubtful it will be shipped until after the holiday as the holiday starts on Oct. 1, Tuesday.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I am happy- got the tracking and it shows the package is on its way to me :)

ICYUNV

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/18
If it's not in the courier's hands yesterday, I'm a bit doubtful it will be shipped until after the holiday as the holiday starts on Oct. 1, Tuesday.

Why piss on my dreams? You could at least sarcastically wish me luck... lol.

​​​​​​​Yeah, I know when it starts. My TD gave me a reason to be optimistic. Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

poinds

17/4/17
mines due for delivery next week :)

Please put wrist shots up when you receive it. I’ve got a 17 cm circumference wrist and love the look of the watch but dread the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
It is great to see VS copied text in mirror-like way.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Why piss on my dreams? You could at least sarcastically wish me luck... lol.

​​​​​​​Yeah, I know when it starts. My TD gave me a reason to be optimistic. Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

Uh, good luck? It's not pissing on your dreams, it's called tempering your expectations. :p It really depends on how you look at things. :D

senator

3/6/09
mine is on its way to me.....
e3e560fbb9ee0653651c308219d7ced7.jpg
89392cd342d84c1bb376e408e5880fd2.jpg