• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 Noob V3/V4 - How reliable?

Shogo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/19
Opinions on this watch seem to differ. I read that if people buy a V4 they actually get a V3, and that there is often a problem with a micro screw. Is this a good model as a first rep?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Then you are asking about different things, the actual supply of V4 (still inconsistent) and the micrometer issue (which has happened enough that we can call it an issue and something you should check but this is not only with the PAM111 but also with other reps that use this like the PAM127), both of which are not directly related to reliability od the watch. The PAM111 is an old faithful, the movement, aside from the possible missing screw, is bulletproof and properly serviced should give you years of happy ownership.

Shogo

27/4/19
Then you are asking about different things, the actual supply of V4 (still inconsistent) and the micrometer issue (which has happened enough that we can call it an issue and something you should check but this is not only with the PAM111 but also with other reps that use this like the PAM127), both of which are not directly related to reliability od the watch. The PAM111 is an old faithful, the movement, aside from the possible missing screw, is bulletproof and properly serviced should give you years of happy ownership.

This is a good reply, thank you. When I order from a TD, what would you recommend should I do in order to make sure it‘s a V4 and it doesn‘t have the micrometer issue? I‘m not very technical and would like to have a nice PAM111 out of the box. Regardless, I should get it serviced, right?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
This is a good reply, thank you. When I order from a TD, what would you recommend should I do in order to make sure it‘s a V4 and it doesn‘t have the micrometer issue? I‘m not very technical and would like to have a nice PAM111 out of the box. Regardless, I should get it serviced, right?

You can't "make sure" it's a V4. You'll just be tiring the heck out of your TD rejecting it because of this "non-issue". The factory supplies whatever is on hand. You reject a watch that adds 2 weeks minimum to the ordering process. Now the micrometer issue is sometimes it's missing which can mean the screw is inside the movement which is very bad. You could damage the movement. With regards to servicing it all depends on you, some do it as soon as they receive it; some do it once the watch breaks down.

Updog

18/7/19
If the micrometer screw is missing in your QC pics reject it - if it isn't and the rest of the watch is fine, accept it and have you local watchsmith service the movement and locktite the micrometric screw asap.

Shogo

27/4/19
You can't "make sure" it's a V4. You'll just be tiring the heck out of your TD rejecting it because of this "non-issue". The factory supplies whatever is on hand. You reject a watch that adds 2 weeks minimum to the ordering process. Now the micrometer issue is sometimes it's missing which can mean the screw is inside the movement which is very bad. You could damage the movement. With regards to servicing it all depends on you, some do it as soon as they receive it; some do it once the watch breaks down.

How do I see if the micrometer screw is missing in QC? I guess I will just order the p111, looks like a solid rep overall.

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Get a watch from BK. He does all the mods to this watch himself before shipping to you. He also stands by his work for a period of time if the watch isnt working properly.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
How do I see if the micrometer screw is missing in QC? I guess I will just order the p111, looks like a solid rep overall.

How does one "see" if something is "missing"...I now see you may have not researched on what the micrometric screw even is cause if you did, you would know where to look and from there see if it's there or not. Anyway, here is an image from one of the stickied threads here. You should be able to tell now in QC pictures if the MS is missing or not.

SWANNECK-yREGULADOR-PARTES-DEFI-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
I ordered a PAM 111 v4 recently from JTime and it does have the micrometric screw.
5Sk2.jpg

Last edited:

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I ordered a PAM 111 v4 recently from JTime and it does have the micrometric screw

I know the screw is only there for cosmetic reasons but shouldn't the micrometric screw touch the dagger?

Provided the screw is present and you have the y incablock then it should be v4 and it is a reliable movement. Mysterio's pic doesn't have the y incablock but if you use Tcc13c's pic or my one below then you can compare. If you compare the pics and look between the dagger (regulator) and the jewel and you will see a u shaped cut out.

IMG-3832.jpg

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
There is also a thread dedicated to identifying V4 111’s. That is one way that you can make sure you are getting a V4. The issues are, as some have pointed out, rejecting a watch that may not be a full V4 will add at least a couple weeks lead time and also, you need some pictures from some pretty specific angles to properly identify that it is a V4.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
As BK Pam 111 owner. I can tell u. It worked perfect with his mod. Nothing happened over year for contantly using it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk