• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[ZH factory] PAM021 new release

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I’ve just heard about this new factory & new release. They decided to enter the market with an old model, maybe there is chance to see a revival of some old models as well which are sold out at the moment but still very popular among PAM rep collectors

Reactions: hackkakid

centrum

27/7/14
That's a welcome sign for Pam lovers like myself! But I'm not sure if I should be happy or not for the fact that this watch is 47mm, which is out of my range.

If they release 45mm or smaller, I might get a few new rep Panerais finally.

Reactions: slashFAslash

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I hope the strap is of good quality if it's using the same lugs as the gen. I wonder how this compares to Davidsen's offering. I thought the movement was developed with his participation so it's surprising that another factory has it in just so short a period of time.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Wow that's a beauty! Great to see another rep with wire lugs, the wire lugs are probably the reason I ordered a PAM388. I'll definitely order it too if it is a good rep.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I have the perfect dark brown/red hornback strap that will look amazing with this

slashFAslash

21/7/18
They would probably include both casebacks right? Would make it possible to close the view on the movement if anyone is concerned about accuracy but since the gen is in platinum the rep won't be fully accurate anyways.

Also how do you change the straps on these when the lugs are welded on the case? Do you have to sew a strap on which makes it non-removable?

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
The strap is being advertised as “American alligator”

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
I have the Davidson V2 model. Like Myseterio said, I wonder how this compares. I got it in the M2M section for well below $400 in great shape.

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
They would probably include both casebacks right? Would make it possible to close the view on the movement if anyone is concerned about accuracy but since the gen is in platinum the rep won't be fully accurate anyways.

Also how do you change the straps on these when the lugs are welded on the case? Do you have to sew a strap on which makes it non-removable?

The Davidsen model comes with both case backs and is supposedly plated in platinum. I don’t know that I have ever seen that confirmed though.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The Davidsen model comes with both case backs and is supposedly plated in platinum. I don’t know that I have ever seen that confirmed though.

We don't have the instruments needed. Otherwise it would have to be destructive testing and no one would want to do that.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
That makes sense. I guess it would put a small nick or two in your case.

I have no idea how much of the material would have to be extracted to make a suitable sample. Plus this is coating, not a case test, so there might be a considerable amount of material scraped off the case.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Davidsen's case shape is too rounded, this one looks better from the pics.

Reactions: Desmomonstro

PeterRei

28/12/12
Maybe the case is slightly less rounded, but still it's totally off.
The 021 is a very classy watch, the rep should be far better executed as it is, it just looks cheap.