• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a super rep

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
This question again. Nobody is going to call you out. Unless one of them is wearing the gen and he dislikes you very much.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
If you can afford the real deal no one would call you out for wearing a fake, if you can’t afford the real deal then people would likely question if it’s real..... that’s my theory anyway ..........

Reactions: Taz71

BigBlackClock

Horology Curious
14/8/19
I mean is there like a big flaw / tell sign on this model that once people saw it they can tell that it's fake

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
If you can afford the real deal no one would call you out for wearing a fake, if you can’t afford the real deal then people would likely question if it’s real..... that’s my theory anyway ..........

This!

Nobody will examine your watch up close and say “Hey the bezel teeth are a tat too sharp, that’s a fake.” or “The rehaut is slightly misaligned. Fake!!!”. It’s about the person wearing the watch. If you wear a watch that’s more expensive than your car people will probably wonder if it’s a fake.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

My theory is, financial capacity is mostly imagined, unless the person you're talking to is your accountant. People place financial limits on you based on your position if they know you in passing even though that's widely variable depending on what industry you're in. If they don't know you from Adam and only see you, then they'd judge you based on the way you dress, what car you drive, fairly superficial stuff.

Some related stories. In the office, I've tried to convince my colleagues that they are reps and I was unsuccessful initially. Even my boss who worked in China for several years doubted my story because he's been to the watch markets in GZ and he's never seen the watches I wear in that quality. He finally believed me when I got him a PAM which he was eyeing and he certainly did not give me gen money to buy it. A fellow manager tried to get on his good side and bought a watch in GZ. Needless to say, he failed miserably. :p He then made a joke (half-meant) that I bought a stolen PAM from somewhere and paid a handsome sum to be chummy with the boss. I bought other colleagues PAMs, whom I had no reason to bribe because they were long time friends and some were below my position. He finally gave up that notion. Hahaha

Even in the local rep market, sellers still won't believe I was wearing a replica (what they incorrectly call ETA even though not all of watches use those movements). I was wearing a PAM360. I told them, I'm just wearing plain jeans and a shirt, how could I even afford a gen PAM? They told me "Well first, we've been working here a long time. We are experts on fake watches. We know how to spot one. Also, we've seen you going around before, sometimes in business attire. Sometimes rich people just dress simply so as not to catch any unwanted attention." Busted. :lol:

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
My theory is, financial capacity is mostly imagined, unless the person you're talking to is your accountant. People place financial limits on you based on your position if they know you in passing even though that's widely variable depending on what industry you're in. If they don't know you from Adam and only see you, then they'd judge you based on the way you dress, what car you drive, fairly superficial stuff.

Some related stories. In the office, I've tried to convince my colleagues that they are reps and I was unsuccessful initially. Even my boss who worked in China for several years doubted my story because he's been to the watch markets in GZ and he's never seen the watches I wear in that quality. He finally believed me when I got him a PAM which he was eyeing and he certainly did not give me gen money to buy it. A fellow manager tried to get on his good side and bought a watch in GZ. Needless to say, he failed miserably. :p He then made a joke (half-meant) that I bought a stolen PAM from somewhere and paid a handsome sum to be chummy with the boss. I bought other colleagues PAMs, whom I had no reason to bribe because they were long time friends and some were below my position. He finally gave up that notion. Hahaha

Even in the local rep market, sellers still won't believe I was wearing a replica (what they incorrectly call ETA even though not all of watches use those movements). I was wearing a PAM360. I told them, I'm just wearing plain jeans and a shirt, how could I even afford a gen PAM? They told me "Well first, we've been working here a long time. We are experts on fake watches. We know how to spot one. Also, we've seen you going around before, sometimes in business attire. Sometimes rich people just dress simply so as not to catch any unwanted attention." Busted. :lol:

THIS....

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
And just to add if anyone has tried to buy a stainless gen rolex ANYTHING from the AD lately well no dice .. there is a 1 to 5 year waiting list on them.. And I simply just cant see spending 3 to 5k over retail on the secondary market for a stainless model so I'm MUCH happier getting the best rep possible and adding some gen parts when I can find them to make them 98% perfect and move on with life ..