• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VS 961 is coming

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I know! I'm the same! They said early/mid October, didn't they? So hopefully soon!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I know! I'm the same! They said early/mid October, didn't they? So hopefully soon!

Early October is a national holiday in China so I doubt that timing very much. Mid-October is more likely (since that's when factories will have normalized operations after China's Golden Week, or the week of China National Day). :)

Reactions: tkingjr

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Early October is a national holiday in China so I doubt that timing very much. Mid-October is more likely (since that's when factories will have normalized operations after China's Golden Week, or the week of China National Day). :)

Very good point, everything shuts down doesn't it. Well, I can certainly wait, I'm just really excited for this one!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
China National Day Officially runs from Oct 1st to Oct 7th. Due to the fact that so many people travel at one time, the workers start leaving early and return later so they can get a train ticket to go to their hometown. As a result, the holiday gets extended on both ends. Last year I bought two factory workers the iPhone of their choice if they finished my order before leaving for their holiday. The bribe worked.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
China National Day Officially runs from Oct 1st to Oct 7th. Due to the fact that so many people travel at one time, the workers start leaving early and return later so they can get a train ticket to go to their hometown. As a result, the holiday gets extended on both ends. Last year I bought two factory workers the iPhone of their choice if they finished my order before leaving for their holiday. The bribe worked.

Good thing I finished the last sentence. I thought you bought two factory workers. :lol: Yeah, typically it's this holiday and Spring Festival (or commonly referred to outside China as Chinese New Year) that Chinese typically make the long trip home (which can take 2 days one way). They usually lump in other holiday leaves to accumulate enough days to make the trip.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
This is nice, however just like 979, I don't see myself wearing a 47mm watch on my 6" wrist :(

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Good thing I finished the last sentence. I thought you bought two factory workers. :lol: Yeah, typically it's this holiday and Spring Festival (or commonly referred to outside China as Chinese New Year) that Chinese typically make the long trip home (which can take 2 days one way). They usually lump in other holiday leaves to accumulate enough days to make the trip.
Where are you from anyway? If you don't mind me asking.

Unrelated to that, do workers in rep watch factories get days off? I always figured it was more like the manual labor /undocumented immigrant market in the USA. That is I just kind of pictured it as a back room/dark alley business.

It's strange to think workers would get paid holiday days for illegal factory work. Great if they do but surprising.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Where are you from anyway? If you don't mind me asking.

Unrelated to that, do workers in rep watch factories get days off? I always figured it was more like the manual labor /undocumented immigrant market in the USA. That is I just kind of pictured it as a back room/dark alley business.

It's strange to think workers would get paid holiday days for illegal factory work. Great if they do but surprising.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am from earth. :lol: But currently in Asia since you asked. :)

As for the exact HR practices in China, I have no idea but you do have to take into consideration that when the entire country takes a holiday, even illegal businesses such as rep factories have to observe it as all other aspects affecting operation such as inland transportation and shipping are legal businesses and as such follow legal holidays. Also Chinese are very tied to their cultural holidays so they tend to follow the rest of the country when it comes to observing them.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I am from earth. :lol: But currently in Asia since you asked. :)

As for the exact HR practices in China, I have no idea but you do have to take into consideration that when the entire country takes a holiday, even illegal businesses such as rep factories have to observe it as all other aspects affecting operation such as inland transportation and shipping are legal businesses and as such follow legal holidays. Also Chinese are very tied to their cultural holidays so they tend to follow the rest of the country when it comes to observing them.

I was thinking more along the lines of “vacation days” which caused me to think *paid vacation days* which is kind of what piqued my curiosity. Lol

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I was thinking more along the lines of “vacation days” which caused me to think *paid vacation days* which is kind of what piqued my curiosity. Lol

Like I said, I am not aware of the inner workings of HR practices in China, most specifically illegal operations. Most likely these would not be as lenient as legal ones, where sick/vacation leaves are mandatory. Their vacations are mostly dictated by their cultural holidays. But "I'd like to take Tuesday off because it's my girlfriend's birthday.", I suspect that would not be good for an employee for an illegal operation. "Okay, take Tuesday, Wednesday, oh heck, take the rest of the year off. Don't come back, I'll get a replacement for you now." would probably be the reply. :lol: It's not like they have a shortage of manpower.

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
I am waiting for the 961 too, have my finger itching on the 984 and the 961 is making me wait and see first before ordering!

jcguo0516

4/12/18
In case if you can't read Chinese, my dealer asked the supplier and he said it will be out soon.
c5228562cdc9a4498081a6243dab712a.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

do you mind share their wechat contact?