• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VS 961 is coming

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
the inner coloured borders on the hands are also too thick on the rep.

Hemaniaco

Known Member
21/10/19
Just recieve it.

Gen vs Rep.

Correct me if I'm wrong and my gen is from other model.

73c04f37ffd3aa576159e7b31bd1f689.jpg

Reactions: leo6929

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
So the gen strap needs to be lighter / more olive??

I think I solved the indice letters too white problem for the most part by painting them with a tiny brush and Vallejo gunmetal (metallic) paint. Now they look a bit dull in certain light and white / shiny at certain angles.

Last edited:
Reactions: klockjohan

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
So the gen strap needs to be lighter / more olive??

I think I solved the indice letters too white problem for the most part by painting them with a tiny brush and Vallejo gunmetal (metallic) paint. Now they look a bit dull in certain light and white / shiny at certain angles.

Gen. is lighter, just ordered one as the rep. one color hurts in my eyes.
Hope the gen. strap color will suit the rep. hour markers color.

I'm not too impressed with the 961, will try the gen strap and hope it will improve the package, otherwise I'll sell the 961.

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
Gen. is lighter, just ordered one as the rep. one color hurts in my eyes.
Hope the gen. strap color will suit the rep. hour markers color.

I'm not too impressed with the 961, will try the gen strap and hope it will improve the package, otherwise I'll sell the 961.

Would love to see pictures once you have the gen strap on the rep.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Mine on daylight. It would be hard to know how the gen green should be with the sun.

Strap is from Sengia.

VH0HZp.jpg

VH0j7G.jpg

VH0LRq.jpg

VH0Ois.jpg

VH0Xr6.jpg

VH03Ih.jpg

VH04w0.jpg

VH0aXD.jpg

Reactions: TimosL

elsharkawy78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/15
Any updates in how the watch looks after mounting the gen strap onto it??
Another question, is the only issue with colour with the watch related to the strap colour, ie. will changing the strap only make the watch look more gen like??

thanks in advance.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Any updates in how the watch looks after mounting the gen strap onto it??
Another question, is the only issue with colour with the watch related to the strap colour, ie. will changing the strap only make the watch look more gen like??

thanks in advance.

33 in the world, Idk if the green is exactly the same as gen, it's a great Pam on the wrist imho and my first non-metal Pam :)

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
Gen. vs rep...

Imho a big improvement, the rep rubber is olive with a toxic yellow fade which hurts in my eyes. This effect gets even worse with direct light exposure.
The dial markers color is also slightly off, again it's getting worse with direct light exposure, but not as visible as the strap color.

Quality of the gen. strap is much better, OP logo is deeper and more crisp.

W69Ht.jpg

W6n12.jpg

However the quality of the gen. WHITE rubber is still unmatched, the gen. white one is the by far the best rubber strap I've ever seen and felt on my wrist.

W68gn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: garaged

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
Gen. vs rep...

Imho a big improvement, the rep rubber is olive with a toxic yellow fade which hurts in my eyes. This effect gets even worse with direct light exposure.
The dial markers color is also slightly off, again it's getting worse with direct light exposure, but not as visible as the strap color.

Thanks a lot. Where did you purchase the gen rubber strap and for how much (link)? I've looked at the Panerai US site and for the life of me can't find this strap.

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
The P***i website sucks, it seems they want you to call the concierge to place an order.
However, the green one is listed on the US website..., the white one is listed (without pics) on the swiss site only

Reference number: MXE07XD4

https://bit.ly/2rZmw44 (standard lenght, there is also a XL size available)

Reactions: garaged

shaqstudio

Horology Curious
21/8/13
Anyone managed to find a rep dealer with a strap color that is much closer to the gen?

Dorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/13
Gen. vs rep...

W69Ht.jpg

W6n12.jpg

However the quality of the gen. WHITE rubber is still unmatched, the gen. white one is the by far the best rubber strap I've ever seen and felt on my wrist.

W68gn.jpg

RideInStyle, would you say the colour of the hour markers matches up better with your gen olive strap, or are they more closely coloured towards the rep strap? Or maybe somewhere in-between?

Cheers

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
I would say the color is somewhere in between. However the overall appearance is improved massively with the gen. rubber strap. The rep one looks way off with its neonish hue.
However you can find a nice camo rubber strap on Alieexpress which doesn't brake the bank and looking very nice with 961.