• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VS 961 is coming

glenn-16

Horology Curious
31/3/14
Netherlands
Hey guys,

​​​​​​Iim so in conflict with myself, i really love this watch but i alsof like the omega Tai Chi the stock issues got me thinking... its gonna be one of those two, i cant decide... But the pam 961 is in full stock, the omega isnt probably? I want to order from intime or puretime, what should i do guys, by the way im a buff guy so a big whatch like the 961 give me an sleightly more preference over the Omega, but the all steel... Omg... Though decisions ... Would you guys maybe give me some advice? For both im ordering the box accessoire with it, :) greetings Glenn

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
My QC Pics for your consumption (not posting for help with finding issues, just cos there are few pics of this rep out there). This thing looks sexy! Can't wait.

Wait, is IMGUR banned here or something? I can't get any of those to show when I throw in the BBCODE here. Or if I use the image addition link form here.

VMv34aY.jpg

pe8nui8.jpg

More pictures here www.imgur.com/a/mMC8ZUv

Last edited:

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
My QC Pics for your consumption (not posting for help with finding issues, just cos there are few pics of this rep out there). This thing looks sexy! Can't wait.

Wait, is IMGUR banned here or something? I can't get any of those to show when I throw in the BBCODE here. Or if I use the image addition link form here.

VMv34aY.jpg

pe8nui8.jpg

More pictures here www.imgur.com/a/mMC8ZUv

Better use the upload link from here, had some issues with imgur too.
BTW, nice watch. Looking forward to get mine :)

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
Better use the upload link from here, had some issues with imgur too.
BTW, nice watch. Looking forward to get mine :)
LySkk.jpg
LyGYD.jpg
LyxaJ.jpg
Ly0Vo.jpg
LygAS.jpg
LyJpP.jpg
LyVGW.jpg
L1Z7L.jpg
L1D8Q.jpg
L1zzR.jpg
L1HwK.jpg
L13Y8.jpg

Somehow that worked! Thanks RideInStyle

Tried, it only allows me pasting in a link on the Image upload form. Says I cannot upload attachments to this channel.

Looks like there is paint missing on the top of the 30 :(

Last edited:

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
Anybody see the paint missing on the 3 in my pictures above? Or am I seeing things? Guessing I can ask a QC question if I have a specific issue to discuss.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Anybody see the paint missing on the 3 in my pictures above? Or am I seeing things? Guessing I can ask a QC question if I have a specific issue to discuss.

Yeah, looks to be a bit missing. It could be something else - ask the TD to clarify perhaps?

Reactions: garaged

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I’ve noticed on my 616 that the 0-15 index paint in these carbotech bezels can drop / rub / wash out really easily. And repainting then is a bitch because the carbon material wants to soak up any sort of paint retouch making clean up hard. They also seem too thin/ faint and less defined compared with the gen.

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
Meanwhile, the gen has 15 30 45 somewhat dark while the rep has them filled in white.

However, as far as the indices' color goes, I think that's exacerbated by the lighting as well. You can see the gen photo is darker on the carbon sections as well, whereas the rep has the carbon being lighter/better lit (which I don't think is the case, they're similar in color in reality).

Last edited:

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
The plan was to get both and decide which one to keep... now the 979s turned up.. I've decided!
I'm keeping both!

Reactions: Blshh

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
The plan was to get both and decide which one to keep... now the 979s turned up.. I've decided!
I'm keeping both!

You are wise beyond your years!

I shall be doing exactly the same as you, I just need my 961 to turn up!

Reactions: jonnybaws

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
I'm keeping both!

Why decide when you can have both ;-)
I'm planning to keep both too, just love thes carbon cases so much.

Last edited:

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
Anyone know how one can paint the 15-30-45 numerals gunmetal/silver? Would it work painting over the white numbers?

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
That looks great, spursian ! Are those numbers on the bezel etched in and painted white or simply white paint on those little black buttons? I'm wondering if a fine sharpie would be able to turn them silver / grey like they should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929