• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No Name Factory Pam 177 - Would you buy it?

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
I just got offered a No Name Factory Pam 177 for sale from a dealer. I noticed right off the bat no Y-incabloc. I asked what Factory this watch is from and this is the answer i got.

"According to the factory representative these are unsold ones from a small production run made for a mainland Chinese community, probably this was why it wasn't announced to other dealers.
As told to me, the titanium case is produced by the same case making factory who made for N factory, so I'm assuming this should be at least on par as the last pam177 from N factory or at least the same specifications. I can't claim to be a Panerai expert but watch looks really good to me. Leather strap on the other hand, much to be desired...This factory doesn't call itself by any name, so its one of the many 'unnamed' factories in the market, we dealers usually refer to them by either their 'stall name' or by their 'avatar in wechat' 6497 manual wind movement."

What do you guys think? Was also just told its 44mm by 17mm. I believe the noob case was 15mm thick? I got some pictures from the sales rep, here https://imgur.com/a/FwkINwv

Would like some expert opinions thanks yall!

Last edited:

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Edit: not a J serial. - says J234/500 on back. I’m learning all the intricacies of this Rep game ;)

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
who cares about the y-incablock? That sandwich dial is very nice...

Reactions: Martycus

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Ralphy I think for me the fact im paying money for something, im going to want to get the best version of that item in its price range. If I could get a super rep for 300, or something not as good, id rather get the super rep, but yeah - you're right, I don't really care that much outside of that point I just made. What do you think of everything else in the photos? Look good to you?

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
I talked myself out of it. Between it having no reviews for reliability, it being 17mm thick, and already having a Pam 111 V4 on the way im going to save my money for something else. Whoever else is interested though... https://dealerclocks.to/pam177-luminor-marina-titanio

Said they have a few left in stock.

Also gotta say, they have been very very responsive. Best ive experienced from a dealer so far.

Last edited:

Thefakemasterfanclub

Known Member
31/12/10
$298 but looks like it comes with a gen gator strap do it’s $198+ $100 for gator.. looks like a great deal to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thefakemasterfanclub

Known Member
31/12/10
I talked myself out of it. Between it having no reviews for reliability, it being 17mm thick, and already having a Pam 111 V4 on the way im going to save my money for something else. Whoever else is interested though... https://dealerclocks.to/pam177-luminor-marina-titanio

Said they have a few left in stock.

Also gotta say, they have been very very responsive. Best ive experienced from a dealer so far.

Can you ask if it has a gen gator strap? Kinda looks like this one does..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
I bought one that should be here tomorrow or Saturday. I can post pics if you remind me. My QC pics looked the same as what was posted here.

Reactions: Tgz

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Thefakemasterfanclub i already emailed him asking if I could get the watch in a black rubber instead lol. Not a fan of the croc, but I’m going to pass on the whole thing. Sticking with noob v4 111.

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
QC is identical?

Uh oh... I didn’t think so at first... but yeah I think these are the exact same QC pics as mine. Another user shared a video of the watch from the TD before I ordered and it seems to match the QC.

Now I’m REALLY interested in it’s arrival.

Edit: i would like to revise... the pics in this thread aren’t someone else’s QCs as well. I miss understood. The dealer was probably just sharing mine to another interested party pre order-placement, which is cool. I’m no longer worried. The dealer sounds like a really stand-up person with great coms. Watch should be here any day and I’ll report back.

Last edited:

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
Just picked up watch. Dead on arrival with visible damage to the balance spring. Contacted dealer.

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
Just picked up watch. Dead on arrival with visible damage to the balance spring. Contacted dealer.

That is a bummer.

Is the case normal luminor thickness or 18mm thick as stated on their site??

Let us know how they respond about your issue, I was about to place an order for one as well...