• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM1616 released

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Congratulations! So what did you use to cut off the springbar? :)

Hacksaw. Gently. I just held the hacksaw in place upside down and took my time dragging the tube against the blade. Once I got a grove in the tube I only had to glide it gently along the length of the entire blade like 3 times for it to get throug he tube. Once through the tube... well that was pretty much it. It barely had to touch the spring bar to slip out. I thought I was going to have to almost saw through that entire cylinder but once the pressure was released it just eased right out.

Hazing

9/5/19
This watch is cursed. Or maybe she's just mad at me because she's not getting enough wrist time so she's fucking with me. Even if some of those curses have been as a result of my own decisions, she's not making things easier on me in any way.

I've never even worn this watch. I ordered it, I love it and like the day it arrived. The 799 came out and I ordered that. Ever since then, the 799 has been my daily driver for the most part. I wore this watch for 2 hours when I opened the box and it hasn't seen any wrist time since. The other day, feeling bad for ignoring her, I decide to take her out for a dance. I put her on and putted around the house for a few minutes. Then as I get ready to leave, I look down and....

dc29ca61a34dddb7d3a9147503637d52.jpg
d392559e91b25c0b13c3d5b634eb1ded.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Ouch, I hope your TD can assist you with that problem. On the up side, the watch just came out so parts MAY be available. On the down side, the watch just came out so the factory most likely won't be so keen on selling parts this early.

Hazing

9/5/19
Ouch, I hope your TD can assist you with that problem. On the up side, the watch just came out so parts MAY be available. On the down side, the watch just came out so the factory most likely won't be so keen on selling parts this early.

I do too. He said he can so my fingers are crossed. I just hope it happens in a relatively timely manner because I’m intching to wear it. Probably because I can’t. But who knows? Maybe the gods will smile on me and I’ll stumble across it in a tiny crevice around my house somewhere.

Reactions: xartan

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I do too. He said he can so my fingers are crossed. I just hope it happens in a relatively timely manner because I’m intching to wear it. Probably because I can’t. But who knows? Maybe the gods will smile on me and I’ll stumble across it in a tiny crevice around my house somewhere.

Use a really strong UV light with the lights out. Maybe the pip will get charged up enough to be visible after you turn the UV light off. Good luck.

Reactions: Hazing

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16

I once found a bezel spring from a 16610 which had jumped away when I was fiddling with the insert. It landed on the floor among what not. I have 4 kids and a cat and the floor wasn’t newly vaccumed. I consider it a miracle more or less and I hope the same will happen for you LOL.

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
I found a pic of the gen PAM1616 side-by-side to the 42mm PAM960 version. That's just ridiculously large.

tumblr_pll19gsEeu1snd6i6o1_1280.jpg

If you have small wrists it’s large. The 47mm case is a great size I think, well is for most people I’ve spoken to.

i received mine last month and it looks incredible ! Had it on when Looking at a gen and on the wrist it looks spot on .

Last edited:

Hazing

9/5/19
@mystero that is a good idea. I am going to break out the flashlights and see if I can see any signs of life.

xartan yes! I've been afraid to vaccum ever since. Which is really fucking my shit up because I don't think I lost it anywhere near the carpet. This little fucker can't fuck with my life anymore. But what really gives me hope is that I found a piece from a Rolex clasp that I never should have tried to take apart in the first place. I lost it a month or two ago and had to get a replacement but now that I have that piece back, Maybe now I can put that clasp back together. :fingerscrossed:

But... With the pearl, I have to look soon because I haven't vaccumed or let anyone vacuum since and it's starting to get to me. Lol. It's time.

I figured I would vaccum and look through the cannister or whatever it's called but I'm not sure how likely that is. To look or find anything. The things we do. Pfft
05e5b80b81a337d9d0acfca49e19f35d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
@mystero that is a good idea. I am going to break out the flashlights and see if I can see any signs of life.

xartan yes! I've been afraid to vaccum ever since. Which is really fucking my shit up because I don't think I lost it anywhere near the carpet. This little fucker can't fuck with my life anymore. But what really gives me hope is that I found a piece from a Rolex clasp that I never should have tried to take apart in the first place. I lost it a month or two ago and had to get a replacement but now that I have that piece back, Maybe now I can put that clasp back together. :fingerscrossed:

But... With the pearl, I have to look soon because I haven't vaccumed or let anyone vacuum since and it's starting to get to me. Lol. It's time.

I figured I would vaccum and look through the cannister or whatever it's called but I'm not sure how likely that is. To look or find anything. The things we do. Pfft

Lol.
I'd say finding is a long shot but so was finding that spring of mine. So good luck, I hope you succeed.

mdg89

Horology Curious
3/3/14
Anyone else had any issues with the pearl? I'd like to order, but am worried it might turn into one of the PPF Nautilus issues!

Hazing

9/5/19
Anyone else had any issues with the pearl? I'd like to order, but am worried it might turn into one of the PPF Nautilus issues!

Ha. No, it’s just me, buddy. It’s just me. ::sad face::

6S3NC3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/16
So I got my QC pics right before the holiday..we have a problem

bgood11

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/19
25ae11b2de6d1bd11b2c223c9807708f.jpg

Absolutely love mine. So crisp ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6S3NC3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/16
Uh, you kinda came short of telling us what the problem is.

I dont think i did, QC pics are great and I OKed right before the holiday. Problem is I have to wait till after the holiday for them to start the shipping process.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I dont think i did, QC pics are great and I OKed right before the holiday. Problem is I have to wait till after the holiday for them to start the shipping process.

Well you left us hanging with ..we have a problem. Although your actual problem is very understandable. It's just those pesky national holidays eh? :lol:

Reactions: preppyr6